does Litcho work for you with P3P v1.8 RC v1.6 DJI GO app v2.8.0

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but with issues

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Are you sure you are killing the app before you launch the other?
It's not still running in the background?
I ask because my iPad does the same if I don't make sure one or the other is not Aldo running in the background.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not killing, uninstall.
Only one must be installed in order to work.

T@p@t@lk

I raised that too. Mine would react by not connecting to the phantom if the other app was running in the background (android). I believe its due to the locking of the USB port.

Just tried it, not working with DJI installed or even drone deploy. I can only have one app at a time.
Goto litchi's Facebook page and post your question/issue there. Their dev guys are always on there helping out.
Have answered questions for me quite a few times.
If you do go that route, let us know here what the outcome is.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I actually messed the dev on his facebook page and he said that they have been hearing of a few reports for LG users. No solution though unfortunately.

I even downloaded drone deploy and could not use it with both apps installed. I tried the kill as with es task manager to no avail. gonna have to get me a Samsung!

Hi all,

I just registered to say I'm having the same issue with my LG G4. Just the DJI app and it's fine but as soon as I have two options pop up when I connect my controller it crashes after selecting either of them. This same issue occurs when I have the Go app + Drone deploy installed so it's not a Litchi fault however sadly it is stopping my from using Litchi. I've tried this on my brand new P4 as well as a friends Inspire and it's the same.

I'm lucky to have two friends that also have the LG G4 that I'm hoping that will let me install the apps and test with. I also tried a tablet using the same controller and cable and it did not have the issue.

I have been researching this for a couple of hours now and not a lot has come up. It took a while to even find this thread. If I were to take a stab in the dark at the cause of the problem I'd go with a stock app or system setting that's causing some type of conflict.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: I've messaged the developers on Facebook asking for advice and linked this thread, hopefully he will get back to us with some suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just registered to say I'm having the same issue with my LG G4. Just the DJI app and it's fine but as soon as I have two options pop up when I connect my controller it crashes after selecting either of them. This same issue occurs when I have the Go app + Drone deploy installed so it's not a Litchi fault however sadly it is stopping my from using Litchi. I've tried this on my brand new P4 as well as a friends Inspire and it's the same.

I'm lucky to have two friends that also have the LG G4 that I'm hoping that will let me install the apps and test with. I also tried a tablet using the same controller and cable and it did not have the issue.

I have been researching this for a couple of hours now and not a lot has come up. It took a while to even find this thread. If I were to take a stab in the dark at the cause of the problem I'd go with a stock app or system setting that's causing some type of conflict.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: I've messaged the developers on Facebook asking for advice and linked this thread, hopefully he will get back to us with some suggestions.
Its defo a LG issue. dont know what the problem is but I need GO app for calibration and reassurance and I now need Drone Deploy for work and Litchi would help with video as well so might look to get a new phone....

it did not have a notice on the google play store saying does not work/issues with LG phones or LG G4, thats their responsibility, testing etc.
No, it isn't. Their only responsibility is to tell you what it is compatible with, not what it isn't. Does the Google Play store entry for this app not have a compatibility list? Because the iTunes store entry for the app does, for both the OS version and a device list.

After lg g4, I bought Samsung note 4.
It is great with both apps...

T@p@t@lk

No, it isn't. Their only responsibility is to tell you what it is compatible with, not what it isn't. Does the Google Play store entry for this app not have a compatibility list? Because the iTunes store entry for the app does, for both the OS version and a device list.
Just checked, no compatability list

Hello, I'm here to say, I have the same connection problem:astonished:. Unfortunatelly. P3A and Lg G4, bad luck. If you find a solution, post it, I will do the same. Good luck!

pd: of course G4 has factory defects, but there are no products without them. That's the reason why warranty exists. If it has bootloop, you will get a LG replacement or a refund. It's a high end phone. You should see camera specs, and results. It looks like the best, not to mention that LG will make the camera for the iphone 7.

Litchi doesn't work with the HTC ONE M9 either. I contacted Litchi and they told me it doesn't work on my phone. That would have been nice to know before I bought the app and spent three days trying to get it to work.
They did refund me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone5
I wish I could get this to work on my phone. I really wanted to use the FPV goggles I bought.

It's sad to say but I tried everything and nothing worked. My fix was to go out and buy a dedicated Ipad mini 2. I'm an android guy but I see it as the right tool for the job, it sits in my case and only gets used with the drone. It's not like the cost of one is that bad compared to the cost of the drone.

Seems that a much more appropriate thread title would have been "Litchi not working for me on LG G4"... ;):rolleyes:

The Litchi team always makes best efforts (continually) to be as compatible as they can but sometimes they can't compensate for manufacturer hardware/firmware nuances...

... and yes, I'm a fan of Litchi... and fans do get agitated when someone shouts "Litchi sucks" (paraphrasing) instead of considering that something else is causing the misbehavior... (i.e. device, OS version, etc.).... :eek:
ScatSpeak...I was reading the thread and notice you use a TabS 8.4. I have one also, with Android 4.4.2 and have tried for the past few weeks to get Litchi to connect. What is your secret? I am pretty knowledgeable Android-wise and have been through all the combinations of USB debugging, keep activities, uninstalling DJI Go, ad nauseum. I'm not ready to put up a LITCHI IS A DEMON FROM HELL post .....yet... but I do want to use it. It works on my LG G Stylo phone but not the Tab S or my Note 4. Thanks in advance.

If you have the latest OS (Marshmallow) There is a known issue with this update whereby if both programmes are installed both will load but will not connect. You can only have one or the other installed. Only option is to go back to to previous OS ie Lollipop.

If you have the latest OS (Marshmallow) There is a known issue with this update whereby if both programmes are installed both will load but will not connect. You can only have one or the other installed. Only option is to go back to to previous OS ie Lollipop.
That is not true. I have Marshmallow on my tablet and have both Litchi and Go installed, both work, no issues.
There are many, many phones running Marshmallow and use both apps with no issues. You just can not have them both running at the same time.
The issue is that some Samsung and HTC phones will not release the USB port to allow two way communication with Litchi or GO. That and other unknown issues,

Apologies should have made it clear that not all are affected. I have a galaxy S5 which worked perfectly before the latest upgrade. Both programmes installed and both connected. Since the upgrade I cannot have both its either one or the other as you say they now fight over the usb port. However I have a nexus.7 (2013) tab running marshmallow and have no problems running both.

Reactions: Stephan
Marshmallow is definitely an issue I have 2 devices which are an issue, rolled back to Lollipop and one back and both run again.

Marshmallow is definitely an issue I have 2 devices which are an issue, rolled back to Lollipop and one back and both run again.
What devices do you have? Have you a link to any tutorials regarding how to roll back? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1