Litchi not working with new firmware 15th March 2016

I am new to Litchi and trying a waypoint mission on iOS. The actions I set on waypoints do not happen - e.g. Stay for 5 seconds, take Photo, etc. It flies the route but never pauses or takes any photos.

I am new to Litchi and trying a waypoint mission on iOS. The actions I set on waypoints do not happen - e.g. Stay for 5 seconds, take Photo, etc. It flies the route but never pauses or takes any photos.
You have to specify STRAIGHT LINES in the settings menu to stop and take pics.
The drone will not take pics if you are recording video. You can't do them simultaneously. Video is awesome using curved lines and focus points. I believe you can also pause your mission and manually take pics at any point.
I have been creating my missions on my PC or laptop at: Mission Hub - Litchi
Save them, adjust them and test them. They are available on all your devices because they are automatically save to the cloud. You just need to login. You may find more answers on their support pages.

im thinking about buying litichi,do you think its good?

Greg,

Litchi is a fantastic app but they have to work with what DJI gives them through the SDK. DJI can implement a new firmware and the guys at Litchi have to react. They need to explore the changes and then implement those in their own app (now Android and iOS). I wouldn't want to be in their position. What I can say, without a bit of doubt, is these guys know what they're doing. When new firmware comes out they have to scramble to identify and rectify any changes. It just takes time and testing. We've got to give them a breather any time there is a firmware update. They need to explore the changes and implement remedies for those changes. The Litchi guys (all two of them) rock!

Jerry

Hi,

I've discovered today that my Litchi app is not working with the new firmware update released on the 15th March 2016.

Has anyone else experienced this? any known fixes for it yet?

Cheers,
annefernee
I'd change your post title as its giving the guys at Litchi an undeserved bad rep, potentially. Just a thought....

Reactions: Erroll and Jtrjr
Greg,

Litchi is a fantastic app but they have to work with what DJI gives them through the SDK. DJI can implement a new firmware and the guys at Litchi have to react. They need to explore the changes and then implement those in their own app (now Android and iOS). I wouldn't want to be in their position. What I can say, without a bit of doubt, is these guys know what they're doing. When new firmware comes out they have to scramble to identify and rectify any changes. It just takes time and testing. We've got to give them a breather any time there is a firmware update. They need to explore the changes and implement remedies for those changes. The Litchi guys (all two of them) rock!

Jerry
TRIED IT THIS AM..litchi is awesome,did a short waypoint flight....but since i did latest firmware from dji i have lines in video feed in go app

Sorry, no experience there.
The latest Go update reset a lot of camera settings to default. Be sure to look through them to confirm there are what you want. The drone and controller must both be turned on for them to display properly. Still could be a fluke. Maybe it will clear up. (always hopeful)

lines disappear as i adjust shutter control wheel ,but leaves video feed dark,and thanks for the hopefuls

I had the same problem and I discovered that have to uninstall the DJI GO, the DJI Go is generating a conflict with Litchi. This error only acontecei on Android, IOS gave no error.

I had the same problem and I discovered that have to uninstall the DJI GO, the DJI Go is generating a conflict with Litchi. This error only acontecei on Android, IOS gave no error.

It is a little tricky switching between apps with the drone running. I must really "Kill" the apps in IOS and even then the video may not return right away. The controller always works fine however, so I haven't felt I was going to lose the drone.
Probably better to "leave on the app you rode in on." to coin a phrase.

lines disappear as i adjust shutter control wheel ,but leaves video feed dark,and thanks for the hopefuls

Hmmm - are these black and white lines on the phone / tablet screen or in the video recorded onto the SD card?

If it's on the viewer, it probably is the over exposure warning that you can turn on / off in settings. If it's in the recorded video, try changing your SD card to a spare one and see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Hmmm - are these black and white lines on the phone / tablet screen or in the video recorded onto the SD card?

If it's on the viewer, it probably is the over exposure warning that you can turn on / off in settings. If it's in the recorded video, try changing your SD card to a spare one and see if that makes a difference.
not on sd card,gonna look for that o/e setting.thank u for the tip

I have a P3A and updated to the latest firmware for everything. I ran a pretty long and complicated Litchi mission yesterday with no issues at all.
I have learned something though.
If you start like I do with the DJI Go app first to check and adjust things, then you should "kill the Go app" by double clicking the home button and dragging the Go app away before opening Litchi. (That's in IOS; there is probably an Android equivalent.) If you don't kill it, it may hang on in the background and not release the video,etc. So I just automatically do it to save problems.
I saw this on the Litchi website.
Hope this helps.

I'm new to Litchi and flew 2 missions after the firmware update. I noticed that the video was .mov with Litchi. Is there a way to change it? I use mp4.

I see that it's possible the Go app set itself to .mov. I'll check when I get home. Thought it might be a Litchi issue since I'm a newbie with it. Awesome app though I must say!

The latest FW update reset the MOV/mp4 switch back to MOV if you had it set otherwise. Other camera settings were reset to some default as well. Recommend going through all settings after a FW update.

Reactions: QaaUz
Android is probably best for Litchi. That was their only platform and still the one that supports VR goggles from their app. (The kind of goggles that you put your smartphone inside.) So, you might (if you like the goggles idea) get the latest recommended Android phone and use it for the VR experience.
Just a thought.
I've had good luck with a an iPad mini2, but am going to try VR through my iphone 5s.
The VR experience is great for piloting and much better for positioning. It didn't stop me ending 5meters up a beech tree upside down.
Best sit down too. Yes, litchi is magic in the respect of that cardboard symbol.simple stereoscopic vision and very effective with basic telemetry visual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik