Litchi not working with new firmware 15th March 2016

Reaction score
Hi,

I've discovered today that my Litchi app is not working with the new firmware update released on the 15th March 2016.

Has anyone else experienced this? any known fixes for it yet?

Cheers,
annefernee

What is it doing? I updated last night (haven't flown). But after I updated I turned on litchi and everything seemed fine. Good picture and all

Lucky you, I have no picture in the App..

I had used litchi on another's P3A today, after updating RC and phantom (gimbal) same .. no video feed in app.. still have control to start motors (props off) haven't tried to fly without picture.. also top center section on app says "DISCONNECTED".

They created another update on the 16th. One day later. Maybe give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

in app store, the one I have available is version 1.4.0 (updated 10Th March 2016 in Australia), that is the one I have also on my phone...

figure the DJI update was on the 15th March.. maybe there's some code that's blocking something..

I updated Firmware when it came out and have used Litchi on Android with no issues

Hi,

I've discovered today that my Litchi app is not working with the new firmware update released on the 15th March 2016.

Cheers,
annefernee
I know this is slightly off-topic/wrong board but I'm wondering does anybody know of litchi and/or Autopilot work with the P4 currently?

I know this is slightly off-topic/wrong board but I'm wondering does anybody know of litchi and/or Autopilot work with the P4 currently?

Will give it a go on Sunday or next week.. there's a demo session I'm going to on Sunday in Sydney with the P4, if no one replies before hand, I'll reply back :)

Lucky you, I have no picture in the App..

I had used litchi on another's P3A today, after updating RC and phantom (gimbal) same .. no video feed in app.. still have control to start motors (props off) haven't tried to fly without picture.. also top center section on app says "DISCONNECTED".

I have a P3A and updated to the latest firmware for everything. I ran a pretty long and complicated Litchi mission yesterday with no issues at all.
I have learned something though.
If you start like I do with the DJI Go app first to check and adjust things, then you should "kill the Go app" by double clicking the home button and dragging the Go app away before opening Litchi. (That's in IOS; there is probably an Android equivalent.) If you don't kill it, it may hang on in the background and not release the video,etc. So I just automatically do it to save problems.
I saw this on the Litchi website.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: SPPhoto
I get a mission failed to load message? Any ideas?

First and most obvious is make sure the controller is in "F" mode. Sorry I had to say that.
I also read that the drone may not be close enough to the 1st waypoint or it may not be high enough.
If that doesn't work, close, "kill", reopen the app and try again.
I've had that problem a few times, but not recently. (Except for not being in F mode - I forget to do that all the time.)
Hope that helps.

Here are the results from my tests today.

First I tried my Android Note w/ Litchi: The video displayed fine when I started remote/aircraft, but as soon as I took off, the video was frozen. It never unfroze, so I landed a couple of minutes later.

Then I closed Litchi and tried DJI Go: GPS showed fine but I had no video/camera signal. I didn't attempt to take off.

Finally I switched to my Android S5 with DJI Go: Here, everything worked perfectly. I flew for about 10 minutes, as it was getting dark, and had no issues the whole time.

I still need to try Litchi with the S5, but has anyone else had issues with certain Android devices? Maybe I should go buy a newer device tomorrow. I only deal with Android, no Apple devices, so if anyone has had any success with some newer Android devices, let me know and that might be what I get.

Android is probably best for Litchi. That was their only platform and still the one that supports VR goggles from their app. (The kind of goggles that you put your smartphone inside.) So, you might (if you like the goggles idea) get the latest recommended Android phone and use it for the VR experience.
Just a thought.
I've had good luck with a an iPad mini2, but am going to try VR through my iphone 5s.

FWIW, updated all firmware last night and flew with litchi today with no problems. However, I only flew in fpv mode, and used the pano program. No waypoint missions yet since the update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,

Cheers,
annefernee
try to fly today i did it today works fine, even switch betwwen go app and litchi while flying no problem :)
and also .. update google map from playstore :)

I gave Litchi a good work out today using waypoints and happy to report it worked perfectly. Near to identical to the same flight mission completed prior to any updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20