Litchi new distance record for me!

Reaction score
Just flew a Litchi mission I have been pondering for the last couple of weeks....

47185 ft, cruising speed set at 31 mph. Litchi predicted 23 min flight time, take off to landing actual time was 19 mins.

I took off with a full battery, landed at 11%.

My P4 was out of radio range for a long, long time, I was really getting nervous until I reconnected!

It was a rush to hear and finally see the little guy on his way home!

Nice!!!
Still, do consider that coming in with 11% battery is at the edge! Any changes in wind conditions could add to the flight time another minute, and that is really very scary !!!
But then again, a drone flight without a real rush is not as nice !![emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The P4 was trying to auto land but so far I have been able to override it with Litchi. The last couple of miles returning home are open fields, prime conditions for a controlled emergency landing if it ever comes to that.

I need to do more tests, but the battery consumption seems very repeatable. I figure I can create missions that draw the battery down to a planned 5% (thats about as close to empty as I want to be) with the last legs of the mission around 120' elevation so landing would take 30 seconds or less (so I can perform a controlled landing if it comes to that).

I am lucky enough to live in an area that only has wind maybe 20 days a year so I have lots of opportunities for excellent long flights without having to factor in the wind conditions.

The P4 was trying to auto land but so far I have been able to override it with Litchi. The last couple of miles returning home are open fields, prime conditions for a controlled emergency landing if it ever comes to that.

I need to do more tests, but the battery consumption seems very repeatable. I figure I can create missions that draw the battery down to a planned 5% (thats about as close to empty as I want to be) with the last legs of the mission around 120' elevation so landing would take 30 seconds or less (so I can perform a controlled landing if it comes to that).

I am lucky enough to live in an area that only has wind maybe 20 days a year so I have lots of opportunities for excellent long flights without having to factor in the wind conditions.[/QUOTE]

I am lucky too. I live in two places and we have less than 20 days a year between the two of them when the wind doesn't blow.....lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31