Litchi misssion hub settings different than Litchi app settings

Reaction score
I have used Litchi for several months now, but I noticed this variation recently.

I plan my mission on the Litchi Mission Hub and make all of the Altitude, POI, settings. But when I open this flight with the Litchi app on my tablet, the Altitudes are ONE foot lower than on the Mission Hub site.

I know I can change them all on the app but I should not have to.

Stoop down when flying......

Mission hub seems unnecessary when I believe it's possible to do most mission tasks directly within the app.

Mission hub seems unnecessary when I believe it's possible to do most mission tasks directly within the app.

For my missions, I like the extra information that the HUB gives you like Elevation difference from starting point. The app does not give you that info.

I use Hub for the wide view my pc gives me. Planning a mission carefully is VERY important. I then, fine tune on device (if needed).

I use Hub for the wide view my pc gives me. Planning a mission carefully is VERY important. I then, fine tune on device (if needed).
I take it that there are differences in your settings, too, when going from Hub to app?
I also agree that Planning a mission carefully is VERY important!!

I havn't noticed differences. If there are, they aren't big enough to complicate the mission. Differences in co-ordinates usually can be attributed to low sat count. Elevation issues happen. My finger on the "P" toggle clears up any emergencies. This tech is awesome, but not without fault. Just be ready for unforseen events at any time.

Reactions: stones
Noticed a meter or two difference sometimes, but not enough to affect the failsafe M's I add just to clear that tree, You know, the one that looks about 10 meters, but, in reality is 16 meters in height!
I am bothered by the Litchi girl announcing to me that my AC is 20 meters from the set homepoint, when I reality my bird is approx. 80 meters away!.
She always seems to annouce a low #, jeez, I just thought, is this a girl thing?

I wish I could get my head around meters, but I just can't relate.:) I guess if one or two meters difference in the app would be much more than one or two feet difference.
And yes every time that woman speaks, it is usually something bad like "signal Lost!"

You know how girls are.....

I am having the same problem with waypoint altitudes in iOS Litchi app being sometimes, but not always, 1 metre lower than those reported by mission hub. Obviously a 1 metre difference is more critical than a 1 foot difference (when you're tree skimming as I was). There must be some bug in mission hub, I think. I created a mission in Litchi app, saved it, and opened it in hub, and immediately the differences are there.

Edit: images uploaded
h3app.jpg

h3hub.JPG

Attachments

• h3app.jpg
    h3app.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 255
  • h3hub.JPG
    h3hub.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
I am having the same problem with waypoint altitudes in iOS Litchi app being sometimes, but not always, 1 metre lower than those reported by mission hub. Obviously a 1 metre difference is more critical than a 1 foot difference (when you're tree skimming as I was). There must be some bug in mission hub, I think. I created a mission in Litchi app, saved it, and opened it in hub, and immediately the differences are there.
app:
h3app.jpg

hub:
h3hub.JPG

There are known differences in elevations throughout.... even those from Google can be different from what is in the app AND where you are standing... even the errors in my area I have seen 10- 20 feet ( roughly ) in difference.when flying low. I am in a mountains/hill area and sit at 5500ft elevation... so things are a little off for me... gotta go at least 30 ft higher to be safe in my area for a mission. unless I am well within VLOS

PS... I use postimage... ever since Photobucket got stupid.

Yes that may be so, but waypoint altitudes are relative to ground at RTH point so that does not explain why those figures should be changed by mere saving to hub and then viewing mission there.

hmmm... true... but if the elevation errors are picked up when you arrive...., that may be the may be the case... or... vice versa.... no errors from home but changed to erroneous values after arrival due to cached maps in the device.

Trying wrap my head around it as well... just trying to help

NOTHING is perfect... we know that this for sure... CLOSE... but not perfect

Thanks for trying. But I am sitting in my study, the Phantom is not connected, the RC is not connected. I just used Litchi to plan a mission and then saved it in the hub. And the hub gets the altitudes wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav