Litchi Mission ?

Reaction score
Flew my first mission today and all went well. Just couple of questions. On the 1st way point I set it to Turn Camera on and it didn't. Also some of the waypoints I set for 35mph (max) and that didn't happened, it maintained 20 mph the whole mission regardless of what was set in the waypoints.

Where am I going wrong?

Here's the mission I created

Mission Hub - Litchi

One possibility is that you had curved waypoints set. Actions will not be completed as the AC flys around the waypoint rather than over it.

Reactions: Pharm
I did have curves and did see something about the curve warning. I bet that's it...will remove curves....thanks.,

Yes that's true. You won't get actions get activated with curved paths.

Practice more features in a safe area and learn before you jump over to a major mission. Initially keep flying times limited to 13 minutes. Once you understand battery limitations , go for little more longer missions gradually. Don't go beyond your defined safe limits.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: bkushner
Make sure you read the manual. It tells you that if you have it set to curved paths that actions you set (like "take photo", etc) will be ignored. It tells you this again when you start to add an action. The reason for this is that for an action to take place, the bird must reach the waypoint. With curved paths, it never actually reaches the waypoint. Instead it flies BY it (because of the curve).

Manual: Litchi for iOS August 2016.pdf

Concerning speed, if your mission goes out of range of your RC, the mission will continue as planned except your speed will be locked to whatever speed it was going when you lost contact. The same is true for POIs. If RC contact is lost, the gimbal pitch will remain at the same angle it was when contact was lost. This is a limitation of DJI's SDK, not a Litchi issue. Litchi can only work within the framework allowed by DJI (i.e., Litchi can't fix that unless DJI adds support for it in their SDK (Software Development Kit)).

Last edited:
In the newest version of Litchi, it does allow you to set the speed going from one waypoint to another when you are setting up the way points. In the mission settings you set the speed you want overall, and in each waypoint, you now have the ability to set the speed of each waypoint.

You might also consider setting the "Max Flight Speed" to the max. IMO this could save your arse if you need to get the bird back asap for some reason or you just want to speed up the mission. I believe the default was set fairly low if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: bkushner and cfd701
In the newest version of Litchi, it does allow you to set the speed going from one waypoint to another when you are setting up the way points. In the mission settings you set the speed you want overall, and in each waypoint, you now have the ability to set the speed of each waypoint.
I did this and it didn't work but I assume because I had curves on.

Is litchi an app you would use instead of GO? I'm assuming it has more capabilites?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

In the litchi mission settings there's a global cruise speed setting - I believe if this is lower than your waypoint speeds, you'll get the speed problem you describe

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes, but as Pharm stated, you must be in RC range for the speed change to take effect. I want to be wrong about this so someone correct me if I am.

Yes, but as Pharm stated, you must be in RC range for the speed change to take effect. I want to be wrong about this so someone correct me if I am.

Yes, I recall that being said in the notes for the upgrade. I can't however find a place where it is mentioned as the manual in the flylitchi.com website hasn't been updated as of this upgrade.

I'm under the impression that speed per waypoint is not an action and thus is available in curved routes as well. This isn't correct? That would a shame if so. In your case I would suspect 35mph isn't really recognized as a doable speed and is ignored. Try setting your max speed at 12mph and custom waypoint speeds when needed to 20mph and see if it takes. I could be completely wrong though. Also it could be your bird was fighting winds aloft and no speed increase was possible.

Max speed is 33.6 mph. Also speed changes only work if you are in RC contact. Be careful with that option. If you slow way down & lose contact it will stay slow & it may be too slow to make it back home.

I did have curves and did see something about the curve warning. I bet that's it...will remove curves....thanks.,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub