Litchi mission rotation issue

Reaction score
I'm running into a very strange problem. When flying a Litchi mission my phantom 4 is either rotating 360 degrees traveling between every waypoint or rotating from the first to the second waypoint,,, then is fine after that (different missions at same geographic location). I cannot find any setting anywhere that would be triggering this action in the mission. I've been running this mission for months with tweaked modifications and making versions with each change along the way. It all started when on a later version of this mission and I tried the rotate action (at a waypoint) and ever sense the setting has affected all versions of this mission. I have since removed this action from the mission. I even tried creating a new mission at the specific geographic location and the result is the same. However I can create a mission at a different geographic location and this does not happen. I did try to uninstall and reinstall all the Litchi iOS software from my iPad air 2. No change in result. I also recalibrated the IMU and the compass.

Stumped.

Any ideas?
Is the issue in the Litchi software?
Is it in the DJI software?
Is there something I can totally reset to perhaps remove some unwelcome resident global setting?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Been test flying Litchi for a couple of days now same issue . . then I read this in the manual. Programmed headings work "only if CUSTOM mode is set in the mission settings" . .also
If "Auto", "Initial", or "Manual" is selected for heading mode in Mission settings, headings that
have been programmed in waypoints will be ignored

Last edited:
No that was all of it . . there is a lot to consider, I find, in planning an "auto" mission . . . another great tip I learned recently (and almost paid the price) . . if you are not satisfied with how things are going in auto mode you can cancel and take over manually without hitting RTH but flicking it into SPORT mode and back. Wish I had known that yesterday around sunset . . caused a little panic . . but would have been easy to avoid. It's not obvious in the manual. In fact I've never impressed with the detailed function description in a manual . . dji and Litchi are typical . . . they tell you in detail what each button is and does but fail to give you the slighted idea as to how to USE the system . . ie what is basic or normal before they get carried away with the details . . like "Oh and by the way none of this works if you are in THAT mode" or "don't forget you can only use this setting in manual". They need to publish "operator Manuals" as well as "Technical Manuals" . . give me an idea when I would normally want this to happen or NOT happen.

Still reading!

Need to read the manual on interaction between manual and auto modes when using POI or manual headings... All very interdependant and I'm not familiar enough yet to interpret for you... Just know it's not very obvious

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Been test flying Litchi for a couple of days now same issue . . then I read this in the manual. Programmed headings work "only if CUSTOM mode is set in the mission settings" . .also
If "Auto", "Initial", or "Manual" is selected for heading mode in Mission settings, headings that
have been programmed in waypoints will be ignored
Flew a litchi waypoint mission this morning. In mission settings Heading was set to "Waypoint Defined" and I had set a heading at each of the waypoints. Worked fine. Didn't see a "custom" option. But then, I'm using the android app and it may be different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers