Litchi Mission - POI's were ignored

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I set up a Litchi mission last night, and took her out to the park to give it a test run this morning (this is my 2nd mission ever FYI. I set up a small test mission and it worked well, so this is my second attempt).

It flew the route i plotted, but did not seem to focus on any of the waypoints.

upload_2016-8-28_11-4-39.png

Does anyone have any idea what i may have done wrong? Im going to review the mission settings again, but any tips would be helpful.

It shows the correct headings on the map, but for some reason it did not turn to point to the waypoints.

upload_2016-8-28_11-7-30.png

The video is uploading, and once its finished i will post it here for you to see.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-28_11-2-37.png
    upload_2016-8-28_11-2-37.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 381
  • upload_2016-8-28_11-3-26.png
    upload_2016-8-28_11-3-26.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 371
You have to hitting the settings and make sure it's set to focus on poi

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Suhail78
I thought that at first, but when i was double and triple checking the waypoint settings i made sure that the ones i wanted to focus on POI were.

upload_2016-8-28_11-34-27.png

Check in the main settings, not for each waypoint

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just checked and those appear correct also...

35115d7954a3ae6969834cfc6a2da381.jpg

Here's the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
So i THINK i know why the POIs didnt work.

Apparently, the heading mode should be set to custom. Can anyone confirm this??

fa1870199a9f15392c22d2c43fa9c15a.jpg

So i THINK i know why the POIs didnt work.

Apparently, the heading mode should be set to custom. Can anyone confirm this??

fa1870199a9f15392c22d2c43fa9c15a.jpg

That is correct. In addition, be aware that if you lose contact/connection with the controller, the mission will continue as planned but will not focus on the POIs. The camera angle will remain at the last angle it was on before losing connection. This is not a Litchi error. The DJI SDK (Software Development Kit) does not allow gimbal control (even automated) without connection to the controller.

That is correct. In addition, be aware that if you lose contact/connection with the controller, the mission will continue as planned but will not focus on the POIs. The camera angle will remain at the last angle it was on before losing connection. This is not a Litchi error. The DJI SDK (Software Development Kit) does not allow gimbal control (even automated) without connection to the controller.

Hey thanks for confirming that for me, no connection loss, it was a short 1 mile mission around a small park, but didn't realize i had the heading settings on manual until i got back and watched the video! will make the necessary adjustments and give it another test run maybe later this afternoon. Not too bad for my 2nd litchi mission tho!

1D10T Operator error will get you every time! ha!

Hey thanks for confirming that for me, no connection loss, it was a short 1 mile mission around a small park, but didn't realize i had the heading settings on manual until i got back and watched the video! will make the necessary adjustments and give it another test run maybe later this afternoon. Not too bad for my 2nd litchi mission tho!

1D10T Operator error will get you every time! ha!
Hope it goes well today. Litchi is a lot of fun!

Hope it goes well today. Litchi is a lot of fun!

Thanks Man. Really having fun with Litchi.

i'll update this post later on and let u know how it went, and hopefully i'll have a new video to post as well!

The one mission I ran that went beyond my remote connection did continue to aim at the poi's between wp's. I did have camera tilt on manual, which would not give me back control of tilt until back in range, but it still caught what I was after.

Made the adjustments, changed the headings mode to custom and it worked!

Heres the video! Thanks for the advice guys! Cant wait to plan and fly many more litchi missions!!

Not bad for my second attempt with Litchi, its nothing special, but its a start!

Made the adjustments, changed the headings mode to custom and it worked!

Heres the video! Thanks for the advice guys! Cant wait to plan and fly many more litchi missions!!

Not bad for my second attempt with Litchi, its nothing special, but its a start!

And still fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31