Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

I have tested finding the sd card with the metal detector. It does work. I will ask to go back to the recovery site this weekend to try and find the sd card. Have been super busy with work this week. Will keep everyone posted.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Man, that's like looking for a needle in the haystack......good luck!

Well I have returned to the crash site to look for the sd card with my metal detector. No luck. I spent alot of time there. Not going back. I have flown the crashed P3S twice now. It works perfect with no issues. I flew a 3 mile mission today with the Litchi app. It worked perfect. It went out of signal range and everything. Came back as scheduled. I think I will sell it now. Put the money towards a Marko polo tracker.

Yes, I have a Marco Polo ;)
Once was enough..

Rod

Yes, I have a Marco Polo ;)
Once was enough..

Rod
What's been the farthest you've tested it, how many feet or meters in a real area. Not over a lake or football field.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention I will fly the failed mission with the same drone and battery before I sell it. Maybe bsartist could redo the movie trailer with the footage from that mission.....
Will need crash video from it though. ;)

Well I have returned to the crash site to look for the sd card with my metal detector. No luck. I spent alot of time there. Not going back. I have flown the crashed P3S twice now. It works perfect with no issues. I flew a 3 mile mission today with the Litchi app. It worked perfect. It went out of signal range and everything. Came back as scheduled. I think I will sell it now. Put the money towards a Marko polo tracker.
Did you look in the tree's? :)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your SD card is in this area...

06344d0baa5ecc37eadd9d935244f64d.jpg

Send your new drone out to spot it.. (laughs)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mdowney58
What's been the farthest you've tested it, how many feet or meters in a real area. Not over a lake or football field.

Hum, I did a few test in the past, I should do some real environmental ones. :rolleyes:
Send me your Phantom, I will see if I can loose it. ;)

Since understanding of RF signals from the past, I trust it. Before I fly that day, I do a simple connection test. If it is dead, no fly. If it doesn't work, I power of the hand held and try again, it has always worked with out restarting the unit that is on the Phantom.

I believe that if it is not underwater..
If you get with in a 1/4 mile and pick up its signal, you will find it, unless it is still in motion (stolen). :eek:

The cool part it is at what I call idle, the unit doesn't transmit until it sees a signal from the hand held.

If I had this on my missing P2V+
I know I would have found it.

any way of tracking a lost phantom? or stolen....

Rod

You say yourself you have never used Litchi, why then would your opinion carry any weight. People that have hundreds of hours mapping, programming, and executing missions and flights and swear by the app are FanBoys? Why? The only thing Litchi is at fault for is giving the end user too much control. The software is clearly too advanced for some people, perhaps yourself included. The OP has the right attitude. He admits fault for trying such an ambitious flight (and not something Litchi is designed to do) so early in the learning curve of the software. Countless people lose their birds without ever having read the incredibly well put together help page on Litchi's site. I can say with confidence, it is your loss for not giving the software a shot. It's the single most powerful tool you can buy for these things. Just incredible.

And to the OP. Don't give up on Litchi or your lost bird. The elders here will almost certainly find the answer to your mystery and I would bet it's not the softwares fault. Good luck.
I have Litchi for about a week. Have spent days trying to get it to work. Phantom 4 does not return home. Just sits in air and does nothing when I hit go. It flys and takes video manually, but thats it.

I have Litchi for about a week. Have spent days trying to get it to work. Phantom 4 does not return home. Just sits in air and does nothing when I hit go. It flys and takes video manually, but thats it.
Way Points Missions do not work.

Way Points Missions do not work.
Be more specific...... Your statement implies Litchi SW, Waypoint functionality is broken. Most, if not all, would disagree.
Did you create a mission on the mission hub?
Did you upload it to your mobile?
Did you upload it to your drone?
Are you getting error messages?
etc
etc

Be more specific...... Your statement implies Litchi SW, Waypoint functionality is broken. Most, if not all, would disagree.
Did you create a mission on the mission hub?
Did you upload it to your mobile?
Did you upload it to your drone?
Are you getting error messages?
etc
etc
I have loaded from Mission Hub, I created on my table Asus TF700. Uploaded and downloaded. Installed and reinstalled Calibrated everything. Done all these and more many many times for days. Hoping it would work.
No error messages. Just hovers in mid air. Return to home returns it below where ever it is. Except home.

I have loaded from Mission Hub, I created on my table Asus TF700. Uploaded and downloaded. Installed and reinstalled Calibrated everything. Done all these and more many many times for days. Hoping it would work.
No error messages. Just hovers in mid air. Return to home returns it below where ever it is. Except home.
Tried to get a refund from Google, but was denied

Well, Litchi works with P4. Period. You have to look for a problem elsewhere. For starters try another tablet and cable..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Have tried 2 tables and 2 cables, both android. Ill try another install.

Thanks for your response.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj