Litchi Mission Fly Away

Reaction score
I've flown many missions without a problem, but today after uploading the mission my quad just took off in another direction. The night before I loaded the exact mission and it did exactly as planned with around 7 way points, so when I went to fly the same route today I was confident that it was going to fly the same. Turns out before I knew it my drone had flown a half mile in the opposite direction. I lost signal, but finally got the return to home to engage. After looking at what I video recorded I saw that the quad went straight back in the opposite direction of the mission for about a half mile and then hovered for around 5 minutes until I got the return home to work. What in the world just happened?

I've flown many missions without a problem, but today after uploading the mission my quad just took off in another direction. The night before I loaded the exact mission and it did exactly as planned with around 7 way points, so when I went to fly the same route today I was confident that it was going to fly the same. Turns out before I knew it my drone had flown a half mile in the opposite direction. I lost signal, but finally got the return to home to engage. After looking at what I video recorded I saw that the quad went straight back in the opposite direction of the mission for about a half mile and then hovered for around 5 minutes until I got the return home to work. What in the world just happened?
Without data, we'd all be just guessing.
Actual flight data might provide some answers.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Here's the flight log link: DJI Phantom & Mavic Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I noticed in the logs the flight mode changed a couple times. P-GPS, ATTI, and Waypoints. Shouldn't that just be on ATTI mode durring a waypoint mission? I didn't flip the switch during flight.

Something else disturbing is that the associated map at the log link shows a flight path I didn't program. My drone path in the map shows I went to go over a pool at what looks like a community clubhouse / golf-course. I wonder if somehow Litchi hub opened and uploaded someone else's flight. I'm baffled.

Last edited:
I noticed in the logs the flight mode changed a couple times. P-GPS, ATTI, and Waypoints. Shouldn't that just be on ATTI mode durring a waypoint mission? I didn't flip the switch during flight.
I wonder if somehow Litchi hub opened and uploaded someone else's flight. I'm baffled.
Atti is the last thing you would want on a waypoints mission.
You need GPS to fly waypoints and without GPS (Atti mode) your Phantom has no position holding and is at the mercy of the wind unless you provide input on the sticks.
The log indicates you flicked the switch and put your Phantom in atti mode and let it drift away until around 12:35 when it lost signal and initiated RTH.
The log shows no stick input until the landing.

Atti is the last thing you would want on a waypoints mission.
You need GPS to fly waypoints and without GPS (Atti mode) your Phantom has no position holding and is at the mercy of the wind unless you provide input on the sticks.
The log indicates you flicked the switch and put your Phantom in atti mode and let it drift away until around 12:35 when it lost signal and initiated RTH.
The log shows no stick input until the landing.

My mistake I had the switch set on F mode as required to upload waypoint missions in Litchi and I never changed it while I was flying, so I don't know what happened? I didn't switch it into ATTI mode even though the logs say I did. I've done these missions many times without trouble. It was a windy day but I've flown on other windy days before.

Compare some of your other flights by looking at the logs, future and past. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj