Litchi Mission Error Message - Distance Limitation

Reaction score
Greetings, and thanks for such a great forum (my first post). I have searched and have read several posts with a similar issue, but none seemed to apply to my exact situation.

Issue: Litchi App giving Failure to Upload Mission error message "max flight distance exceeded" (I have paraphrased because I don't remember the exact wording).

I have tried numerous times to initiate a multi-waypoint mission that exceeds a 500 meter radius from homepoint. None will load and fly. Litchi missions within 500 meters fly perfectly. I have attempted missions created on the Litchi Mission Hub GS, and on the Litchi App. No difference - same error message. These are the parameters at the time of my attempts to fly beyond 500 meters distance.

1. P3A - firmware v1.7.0060
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
3. DJI App (v2.7.1)- beginner mode and distance limitations disabled.
4. DJI App forced stop. No other apps running in background.
5. Litchi App running with distance set to 3000m (have tried several different settings beyond 500m). Litchi App is latest version as of 20 March 2016).
6. Location: remote area of the Bahamas. No cell or wifi signals. Date of attempt: 25-28 March 2016.
7. Have attempted to load missions with bird on ground and in the air. 1st waypoint is always set within 25 meters of my homepoint.
8. No issues with signal between P3A and controller at time of attempts to upload mission.

I know I am probably missing some very simple solution to this problem, so excuse my ignorance. I have 25 flights using the DJI Go app, and 15 flights with Litchi. Thanks for any help that may be given!

Go into dji go (AC needs to be connected) and increase the max flight distance. Problem solved
Didn't work for me. Getting a little frustrated. When planning the mission Litchi says flight time 11 minutes, but still won't let mission load because it says its too far away.

Didn't work for me. Getting a little frustrated. When planning the mission Litchi says flight time 11 minutes, but still won't let mission load because it says its too far away.
Your issue may be furthest distance allowed between waypoints exceeded. Check you have none greater than 2000m.

And the distance from the last waypoint to either home or the first waypoint cannot exceed 2000 ft either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31