I Lost my P4P

Reaction score
Ok, I can't be total sure that it was Litchi but I installed it today and no longer have a Drone. I have flown successfully for 8 months using DJI go. No issues..

I installed Litchi and tested it out with a couple preprogrammed flights and all went well until the last one. I sent it up following a saved route that I had previously flown today but this time it never came back. .

Its so disappointing to see my 1400 dollar Drone just disappear. I'm speechless. Does anyone have any ideas? How does the DJI's find my Drone work? Can I have DJI lock the Drone so no one can use it and maybe it gets turned in for the the reward I offered in nextdoor. (Neighborhood chatboard )

It flew this saved route just 2 hours before in perfect weather and it had plenty of altitude so I have no idea what happened. Pic attached..

db59fa206c05bb06c3e0f12b6574510c.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I can't be total sure that it was Litchi but I installed it today and no longer have a Drone. I have flown successfully for 8 months using DJI go. No issues..

I installed Litchi and tested it out with a couple preprogrammed flights and all went well until the last one. I sent it up following a saved route that I had previously flown today but this time it never came back. It was a waypoint route and therefore was out of communication for a brief moment so I have no idea where it went..

Its so disappointing to see my 1400 dollar Drone just disappear. I'm speechless. Does anyone have any ideas? How does the DJI's find my Drone work? Can I have DJI lock the Drone so no one can use it and maybe it gets turned in for the the reward I offered in nextdoor. (Neighborhood chatboard )

It flew this saved route just 2 hours before in perfect weather and it had plenty of altitude so I have no idea what happened. Pic attached..

Man bad to read ,,do you know home page got find your drone

I installed Litchi and tested it out with a couple preprogrammed flights and all went well until the last one. I sent it up following a saved route that I had previously flown today but this time it never came back. It was a waypoint route and therefore was out of communication for a brief moment so I have no idea where it went..

Have you reviewed your flight log in Airdata (if you have it set up with your Healthy Drone app)? Can you remember what your signal lost RTH setting or mission ended action was?
You should be able to upload your flight data from the Litchi app using this link.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Last edited:

1495954637242863215915.jpg
find my drone works giving you a map,you can touch red or blue icon and it give you coordinates like in this pic,

Reactions: tevek
I can't see your WP2 height but why is WP 3 at 98 feet when you started at 184 feet .
The ground level at both is roughly the same.
It's just a guess with the limited information in your post and the path I created might be a bit off from your actual flight path but you might have run into trouble at either of the rises in the path possibly the second since the AC would be lower by then .The AC s path sees to go right over that rise near the building and car park I can't make out what it is . The height at WP2 may have taken this changing ground level into account ?
Just speculation.

Attachments

• WP.png
    WP.png
    951.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • WP b.png
    WP b.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,389
Looking at it again and at what tevek mentioned about RTH and end of mission settings .If the AC was set to RTH at WP 3 and that height was the default 30m it would have been very close to the higher rise and powerlines/trees on its way the back ?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree ?:)

Attachments

• WPb.png
    WPb.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,176
Looking at it again and at what tevek mentioned about RTH and end of mission settings .If the AC was set to RTH at WP 3 and that height was the default 30m it would have been very close to the higher rise and powerlines/trees on its way the back ?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree ?:)
I guess we won't know until the OP loads up his file or can confirm any actions from his original mission. There is no WP that ends at his marked location so there is a heavy reliance on his RTH/mission ended setting.

You guys are the best! Waypoint 1 is my buddy's house...Actions were 184 feet take pic and proceed to waypoint 2. (My friend saw the Drone arrive and then leave) Waypoint 2 had a altitude set of 184 ft and actions were to proceed to waypoint 3(takeoff location). In between waypoint 2 and 3 I would have regained signal and my plan was to manually fly the bird home. Never happened.

Waypoint 3 had a very low altitude which is MY mistake using Litchi but here's a question. Waypoint 2 the altitude was set to 184, so would the Drone fly at this altitude to Waypoint 3 and then execute the altitude set at waypoint 3 or did it lower itself to the altitude set for waypoint 3 at waypoint 2..(that would spell trouble.) I have DJI Refresh but I think I need the carcass...[emoji15]

.Ok..I am up and and the search crew will be hitting the woods today..lol..

Yes I didn't think of that first up because I always put the last one close to the first.
It won't let you put the last on top of or too close the first .I found out when a mission wouldn't load .

Reactions: Pharm
Change in altitude between WPs is progressive I think you will find. So it was all down hill from WP2 to WP3 I'm afraid .

Change in altitude between WPs is progressive I think you will find. So it was all down hill from WP2 to WP3 I'm afraid .

So wait...You're saying that at Waypoint 2 (which was set to 184 feet) and waypoint 3 (which was really set for 38 feet(my bad) the Drone was progressively lowering itself?

I would've thought that the Drone wouldn't execute the command to lower itself until waypoint 3 which was it's take off location. Also, by that point I would've had control again so I wasn't so worried about it.

That's exactly what I did as well...Waypoint 3 was the launch location...
Are you able to post what was your end of mission action/ lost signal. i.e. RTH or otherwise? I have flown dozens of missions and if the RTH actions are correct, it will come back regardless of loss of signal or user actions.

It was set to RTH and I am trying to upload the actual log of this flight..

So wait...You're saying that at Waypoint 2 (which was set to 184 feet) and waypoint 3 (which was really set for 38 feet(my bad) the Drone was progressively lowering itself?

I would've thought that the Drone wouldn't execute the command to lower itself until waypoint 3 which was it's take off location. Also, by that point I would've had control again so I wasn't so worried about it.
+1 on what Springs said. Progressive WP altitude changes. You stated that this was a saved mission that had already flown successfully once. Minor differences in GPS signal and locations could cause slightly different paths from one mission to the next. Probably got lucky on the first one.

You have 98 ' at WP3 so not sure where 38 ' is coming from. The drone will follow your WP height commands and at 38' I suspect that you will be hitting something during the transition from WP 2 and WP3 if there is anything at that height coming back to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan