Litchi - LG G4 Issues

Reaction score
I have recently been reading/seeing a lot about Litchi and the things you can do with it. However, through my research, I found that it will not work in harmony with the DJI Go app on an LG G4 phone. Apparently the Go app must be totally removed from the phone to make it work. I also have a Samsung tablet that works with the drone, but I always fly with the LG.

Has anyone found a work-around for this problem with the LG without removing Go?
What things do Go do that Litchi does not? I'm guessing camera and drone settings.
Would it be sensible to run Litchi on my phone and do the necessary Go things from my tablet?
Should I save the $26 and stick with Go?

Any help would be appreciated.

Whilst I'm an apple devotee, the only concerns that I read regarding both android and apple are that you can certainly run both apps on your device but one or the other must be completely shut down when using either app. That is to make sure that you don't have the other app running in the background causing possible conflict issues. I use both litchi and the go app and simply ensure that the one I am not using is shutdown, ensure auto update is turned off and have nothing else running at the same time. Seems to work for everyone else.

Whilst I'm an apple devotee, the only concerns that I read regarding both android and apple are that you can certainly run both apps on your device but one or the other must be completely shut down when using either app. That is to make sure that you don't have the other app running in the background causing possible conflict issues. I use both litchi and the go app and simply ensure that the one I am not using is shutdown, ensure auto update is turned off and have nothing else running at the same time. Seems to work for everyone else.
Thanks for the input. I have heard that this works with some phones, but not the LG G4. The Litchi website says - "Known issue For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3 Standard/P3 4K will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device)."

Thanks for the input. I have heard that this works with some phones, but not the LG G4. The Litchi website says - "Known issue For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3 Standard/P3 4K will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device)."
Never heard of that before, I'd be throwing that device over the fence with a grenade attached to it. Probably why I only use apple stuff, you pay more but never seem to have update, upgrade or operating issues. Sorry for steering you in the wrong direction. Your choices are pretty limited, and you need the dji app for firmware updates etc, you can either buy yet another device or use the tablet if that is compatible.

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic