Litchi Iphone problems?

Reaction score
I was going to record a flight with my iphone 6 via screen recorder with the litchi app, but it lagged bad with screen interference, so I had to record my flight with a tablet. There were grey bars, and the overall screen response lagged bad. The HD link and signal were 100%, so it must have been the phone. Has anyone ran into this problem with the newest litchi+iphone 6 updated? The p3p was only about 10-50 feet away, and it wasn't even up that high.

DJI Go was later used, and it worked perfect.

I do not use my phone to fly because I feel there is just too many things going on and can happen while flying. Incoming texts, emails and calls, background tasks limiting resources, apps that you normally use draining resources and so on.

I personally think and feel a dedicated tablet is the only way to fly. Just my opinion.

I used my gals Samsung Note 3 the other day because I let my tablet battery drain by accident and wanted to try and catch the sunset. It worked ok but lag was present compared to a old Samsung Tab4 that is almost lag free. The tablet has only a couple of apps installed aside from the factory bloatware and I run a task killer before each flight session.

I do not use my phone to fly because I feel there is just too many things going on and can happen while flying. Incoming texts, emails and calls, background tasks limiting resources, apps that you normally use draining resources and so on.

I personally think and feel a dedicated tablet is the only way to fly. Just my opinion.

I used my gals Samsung Note 3 the other day because I let my tablet battery drain by accident and wanted to try and catch the sunset. It worked ok but lag was present compared to a old Samsung Tab4 that is almost lag free. The tablet has only a couple of apps installed aside from the factory bloatware and I run a task killer before each flight session.
thanks, but the iphone has always looked better compared to my dedicated tablet, so my low end tablet is used for backup only. DJI go worked flawlessly, but litchi lagged for some reason, so I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem.

Put the phone in airplane mode and you won't have to worry about incoming calls or texts. If you have a P3S just be sure to enable Wi-Fi after you enter airplane mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Put the phone in airplane mode and you won't have to worry about incoming calls or texts. If you have a P3S just be sure to enable Wi-Fi after you enter airplane mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
thanks, but still not even worried about incoming texts/calls while flying. The iphone 6 is capable of handling while flying midair. That lesson was learned when my little brother bombarded me with phone calls while I was still fairly new to the phantom. :)

thanks, but the iphone has always looked better compared to my dedicated tablet, so my low end tablet is used for backup only. DJI go worked flawlessly, but litchi lagged for some reason, so I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem.

I have the opposite issue. Go lags and Litchi does not? This is Android so can't compare directly. Even in airplane mode there are plenty of apps running in the background unless you have disabled them. Don't you need some of those features turned on that airplane mode turns off? Location for maps, data for some of the P modes?? Curious as I don't have data on my tablet but it does have GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic