LITCHI IOS FPV IS OUT!

Reaction score
GET ER DONE!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 739
Reactions: gavcuk
Signed up for the beta earlier today and this launched before I even tried it. Goggles arrive tomorrow [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back from my first flight using Litchi for iOS in FPV mode and I must say it is truly the most immersive experience I have ever had flying the phantom .

You have in-flight telemetry such as distance altitude and speed as well as a directional arrow showing you where the drone is facing in reference to you but I was unable to pull up the map as I flew.

The FPV let me fly in a very narrow alley way around my building and back .

The head tracking works only for up-and-down but is still very very intuitive - I am bet it is even more intuitive with the inspire

The head tracking works only for up-and-down but is still very very intuitive - I am bet it is even more intuitive with the inspire
The head tracking works both for up and down (pitch) and for yaw (side-to-side panning) with my P3A. This was with "Immersive" selected in Aircraft Head Tracking in VR settings. There is also a "Joystick" setting there, but it just made the aircraft turn in continuous circles for me.

Do you know what the setting for custom functions 'Toggle VR Immersive' and 'Toggle VR Joystick' do? What is the difference between these modes?

Tried Litchi's FPV today for the first time. First the positives: Camera pitch worked very well. Using F mode and custom C1, I was able to also toggle on/off head movement control for rotate left/right vs using the stick, very cool! I did find myself over correcting with this and it may take some practice to get better.

Negative point, arrow at the bottom of the screen did not always to appear very accurate.

One question I have. I tried this out with the cheapest possible giveaway cardboard box goggles you can get and it was a little blurry. Would a quality product that could fit my iPhone 6 Plus be an improvement on clarity? Lastly, would an experienced person agree that there is a learning curve for attitude control, i.e., turning left/right with head movement?

Very fun first experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried Litchi's FPV today for the first time. First the positives: Camera pitch worked very well. Using F mode and custom C1, I was able to also toggle on/off head movement control for rotate left/right vs using the stick, very cool! I did find myself over correcting with this and it may take some practice to get better.

Negative point, arrow at the bottom of the screen did not always to appear very accurate.

One question I have. I tried this out with the cheapest possible giveaway cardboard box goggles you can get and it was a little blurry. Would a quality product that could fit my iPhone 6 Plus be an improvement on clarity? Lastly, would an experienced person agree that there is a learning curve for attitude control, i.e., turning left/right with head movement?

I tried one of the cheap ones at first. It was a lot of fun but like you said it was blurry.
I then bought a Homido headset. It's not a real expensive one, but kind of middle range priced. Personally I find it to be much clearer and easier to adjust.
Amazon.com: Homido HOMIDO1 Virtual Reality Headset for Smartphone: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thank you, I value the response?
Thanks for the link too.

I went with BlitzWolf VR, quality is good & with good adjustment, it's not to expensive & your iPhone 6 Plus will fit minus protective case

BlitzWolf® BW-VR2 Virtual Reality Headset Glasses with Bluetooth Control For 3.5

Thank you too, it is good to have a choice from a selection of products that have tried and reported on by the good membership in this forum.

Question..I assume the phone has to be connected to the controller do these Vr glasses let you attach the cable?

Question..I assume the phone has to be connected to the controller do these Vr glasses let you attach the cable?

Yes phone has to be connected to controller & there is a slot to attach cable

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468776681.949682.jpg

This thread deserves a bump.

We should start listing the goggles everyone is using and their comments on/ opinion of them.

About time IOS...
Androids been having fun for about a month or so and Beta a bit longer.

I haven't tried the joystick option yet but the immersion yaw and tilt is amazeballs.

Agree, immersive is really should I say immersive & such a blast [emoji102]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469025970.108068.jpg

Same as that BlitzWolf
Light & comfortable,
Good adjustment: pupil distance & object / device distance,
iPhone 6 Plus compatible,
Removable front cover to allow device cool down if overheating,
Ships with Bluetooth game pad
It's best point has to be its PRICE

Reactions: Goatman1
Just got a set of Zeiss Cinemizer video glasses, a head tracker unit is available for these, anyone know if this will this work with the HDMI out to the goggles? Not sure how the head tracker interface works...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik