Litchi iOS failsafe

Reaction score
From reading the manual about Litchi, it seems if you are flying Waypoint and go out of range the failsafe is to land in place? So what happens if battery reaches 30% does it land wherever it is at that moment? That is very scary, does it not attempt to RTH?

Using the Litchi app, when you lose radio contact, it will continue through the flight plan you have set up and end at your last waypoint. It will not RTH in the middle of it, unless of course you force the RTH.

Ok, what happens if you lose radio control and you would have a low battery event?

I don't have the app yet but watching the videos on it, there is an estimated flight time for your waypoint mission.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes there is an estimated time, which I would try to keep flight time to safe distance with full battery. Just thinking of all the what if's. I'd rather it try to fly back home first instead of just landing in place.

I'm kind of new to all this myself. I've had about 20 flights with Litchi. prendy35 is right, when you set up your flight plan it will tell you distance and time of your flight plan, so you can keep it within your battery life. But in the case where your battery did get to 30%, if you set your battery warning to this value, then all you would get is a warning. At 10%, which is the default value set in the DJI Go app for auto land, I am only assuming at this point it would make a landing right there where it is. I'm not sure, haven't experienced it, but I'm guessing that is what it would do. Maybe someone with more experience with the Litchi app can answer this question a little better, and maybe more true. When I make a flight plan, I just make sure I'm within my battery limits of time before I launch. I do like the Litchi app for some flights because it will not RTH if for some reason I lose RC. With the DJI Go app if there is an obstacle between me and the bird and I lose RC and it RTH's, it would fly straight to me and hit whatever is in between us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20