Litchi...How much!!!

Reaction score
looked into buying the Litchi app, live in the uk cant believe how much it costs. £14.99 for the app then £3.99 for in app products, bloody ridiculous. I know these guys put a lot of time into the development etc into these 3rd party apps but surely they are costing them to high. I take it by the time you buy the in app products which is why most of us want these apps it will cost over £30 which is just pain naughty in my opinion. I would be interested to see what you guys think, Im not a tight arse at all, but i think there is a limit. £15 all in fair enough!!

Limit should be $15 :)

A good marketing guy will estimate revenue = price * sale volume and then will decide the price maximizing revenue. SW development cost is not a deciding factor for its price

It used to be a lot cheaper. Supply and demand I suppose. Even at that price I wouldn't write it off, the functionality is amazing.
You are right.

I'm sure if price is reduced to $1, high number of users will buy it and sale figure would reach at least 50% of phantom 3 production :)

It's not supply and demand case, it's a case of price and demand.

Reactions: Flyer91
$15 pounds or $15 dollars is expensive for such an app. However, Litchi is a very good app and it seems to be the going rate. It was 1/2 price a few weeks ago, I think I posted that. Keep in mind that it's also a small market so the return is much less than other non drone apps. Though, I certainly would agree that $15 is a little steep for The drone app.

don't buy it then. the app isn't necessary to fly your drone. it never ceases to amaze me when people complain about the price of something that someone else created. don't like it? make your own or buy a competitor's product.

Unfortunately I missed out on the sale price, but I did email them to see if another sale was in the forecast, and they said they didn't know when it might be, but to follow them on FB to get any news.
So I did/am. :)

But I'm really just waiting until the 12'th of this month to see what happens after Google shuts down the Google Earth API.
I know apps like UF, Litchi, and the 3DR Mission Planner/Droid Planner/Tower/etc. (for APM FCs) are not supposed to be affected, but basically being fairly ignorant as to exactly what the shut down entails ... I just want to be sure before I buy.

I still have a copy of the old DJI Pilot app, and for some (semi-morbid) reason I want to see what happens after Google Earth API is dead on Saturday.
Kind'a like a kid kicking a dead cat to see if it moves ..... ;)

But I'm really just waiting until the 12'th of this month to see what happens after Google shuts down the Google Earth API.
I know apps like UF, Litchi, and the 3DR Mission Planner/Droid Planner/Tower/etc. (for APM FCs) are not supposed to be affected, but basically being fairly ignorant as to exactly what the shut down entails ... I just want to be sure before I buy.
Nothing will happen, Litchi uses the Google Map API, not Google Earth API!

you can also purchase iTunes or Google Play gift cards at retailers or online for up to 20% off. that's what i usually do when i want to purchase the more expensive apps or movies.

Nothing will happen, Litchi uses the Google Map API, not Google Earth API!

Yes, that's my understanding too.

I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like Lichi, DJI Go, nor any of the other non DJI Pilot apps would not work after Saturday.
In fact ... other than DJI Pilot, 'I' don't know of any other mission planning app for any similar consumer-level drone that will be affected by the shut down of the Google Earth API. (???)
But I still wanna kick that cat ...... ;)

I have a noob question. If I buy an app for my smartphone, is it possible to transfer my purchase to a tablet (and unistal from smartphone)? What happens when you buy a new smartphone? You loose all the apps or is there a transfer process?

I like Litchi, but it is missing one huge feature: histogram. I really wish it was in Litchi just as it is in GO.

Reactions: Flyer91
I'm an ios device pilot, so I had to go another direction when I got started. Litchi and every other app. creator are enhancing our skill level or you wouldn't purchase these things. You cannot create the same app. in 1 hours time. The FIRST PAYING JOB, you will have recovered your app. investment and then some extra. The people using these app.'s full time are making serious COIN to the point they haven't the time to post here on this site. Be THANKFUL for the effort.

I have a noob question. If I buy an app for my smartphone, is it possible to transfer my purchase to a tablet (and unistal from smartphone)? What happens when you buy a new smartphone? You loose all the apps or is there a transfer process?

I like Litchi, but it is missing one huge feature: histogram. I really wish it was in Litchi just as it is in GO.
Yeah you can have as many devices installed as you link on one purchase. I have three devices with Litchi on it. you just need to ensure you use the same Google Play logon credentials on each device. I swap between a S6 and 10.1 tablet all the time depending on what I am doing. One price many devices.

I'm not going to buy Litchi if it costs over $3

I have authentic App from DJI.

Reactions: CCDD
This is the beauty of DJI supporting an SDK. Everyone is free to write their own app and free to charge what ever they want. If you don't like the price or the app, don't buy it. But don't complain that it's too expensive. Just vote by not buying and if everyone else agrees with you, the price will drop. Otherwise just keep using your free DJI app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4