Litchi - Hover on Lost (No matter what it is set too)

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First post. Many more to come. And if the site will ever take the phone of my drone as my pic..
Anyway, P3S, about 2 days old. Last one had a Gimbal Motor Overload after 4 days of ownership and DJI called it defective and replaced it.

Anyway - I use Litchi on my S5 Active. I have to delete the DJI GO app each time I want to use Litchi - and beside the lack of a RTH command from the app - I have one major issue.. Lost Signal when in FPV decides to HOVER.. no matter what. I changed the setting to Return to Home four times, and each time it would simply hover. I don't exactly like that. Granted the map is a great help in reconnecting.

As of current - stock P3S RC - I get at max 800 feet range. I have tested the drone (maiden flight actually) was 3300 ft on a waypoint setup to my mother-in-law's house and back. No worries there. Performed great. FPV is the issue.

Any ideas?

~Jay B.
"Eagle One-Niner-One"
Phantom 3 Standard
Carbon Fiber Props
Snap-In-Prop Guards
Carbon Fiber Gimbal Protector Bar

I have an idea- it's a know issue with litchi.

From the litchi help.... it's worth a read.

Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

I saw that - but it said "all other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected" - and does not list FPV flight, just function flights. Hmm..

Well - till I get a tablet and an argtek upgrade.. I may have to stick with DJI GO unless I'm doing waypoint flight.

Thank you!

I'm presuming this issue is occurring at the last way point?

Disregard the warning in the Litchi help that "With the birds" kindly posted.

It is bull$h@t and very misleading. I found out the hard way and Litchi has since apologized to me. Perhaps it once was correct with previous firmware I don't know as I've only used current firmware.

There is a RTH command in the app. Check that you have RTH set for signal lost behavior for manual flying in Litchi.

Although it says "manual flying" it also applies to the auto waypoint mode and FPV mode.

The DJI firmware overrides Litchi's finish action when signal is lost.

af751a51a4785a42dc75d2d6d6c7a1b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31