Litchi help.

Reaction score
I've decided I'm gonna try out litchi, got the beta free version.

Can I use it totally independently of the DJI go app?

Where do you set return home location?

Does it have an auto landing mode?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not s stupid question. It will seem independent but it is not. Your rth settings and camera settings are in dji go. So it barrows from them. Otherwise. You don't have to turn go on. But for safety make sure you set things high and out the way. Also be sure to slow down the speed in litchi. The **** thing wants to fly from one waypoint to another.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Basically, you have to set all your camera parameters in the DJI GO app then when you are ready to fly with Litchi, simply close the DJI GO app.and utilize Litchi.

Also Litchi has to have a way to the internet when you initially open it so Litchi can update DJI servers. After that initial update the internet isn't necessary to fly with Litchi unless you have chosen to auto upload your flight records to HealthyDrones via Litchi.

And as Tony said, it's not a stupid question. We all pick up tips and ask for help here on the forum.

Here's a good overview of what Litchi can do:

Lovely.. Thanks for that guys..

One more thing, this forum seems to be great for everything I've asked, so, if you could just sort out the wind and rain in England that would be just great...

I've decided I'm gonna try out litchi, got the beta free version.

Can I use it totally independently of the DJI go app?

Where do you set return home location?

Does it have an auto landing mode?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...

Not stupid questions. Only stupid question is one you needed an answer to but didn't ask.

1. Yes, totally independent of the GO app. There are some things Litchi can't do because they are not exposed in the DJI API. So you will need to return to GO for some settings and calibrations. But for normal flights, you won't ever use GO again.

2. Home location is set during takeoff. Its automatic. You can also program the C1 and C2 buttons to alter the home location (say you are on a boat for example). And you can have a dynamic home point (ie its wherever your RC/device is).

3. No. I wondered the same thing at first. Learn to land. You will be a better pilot for doing so.

Lovely.. Thanks for that guys..

One more thing, this forum seems to be great for everything I've asked, so, if you could just sort out the wind and rain in England that would be just great...

Thats easy too. All you need is a plane and some cash. Then you can fly all you want with only rare rain issues. Can you say BVI?

No.

They connect via USB to the RC unit and it will only communicate to one at a time.

During flight, you can close GO and start Litchi. And vice versa.

No.

They connect via USB to the RC unit and it will only communicate to one at a time.
He has a P3S.

I haven't tried doing this on my P3S, but I don't think it'll work unless you disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi as you switch to the other device. Try it and see what happens :)

Thanks for the Litchi iOS overview. That was great.
Litchi has a poi option now just like the GO as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik