Litchi GPS/RC Loss

Reaction score
Had quite in-depth conversations with the following what IF scenario.
To my knowledge. Litchi allows you to plan a mission and complete given you have GPS disregarding RC signal - Fine. So what happens if during that moment you lose GPS for a brief moment and then regain it or the software believes thats whats happened.

Litchi told me that it would do whatever the DJI base programming does. So I asked DJI the question on their way point app what would happen. They told me the following

"Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

It is very unlikely that this happens at the same time, but if it happens, the drone will hover until it will have GPS signal again, if it does not get the GPS signal it will hover until the battery discharges and will then land.
When the drone looses GPS signal during a way point mission it will stop the way point mission and wil not resume when it has regained the GPS signal."

This now concerns me. Using Litchi after RC loss I could have the quad losing the mission (no way of telling me if out of range unless VLOS). What I now want to know is what would happen, would it RTH (assuming this is not set to "autoland". It would it just hover waiting for battery to discharge. Has anyone tested this or had this happen? I would prefer if regain GPS for it to continue the mission but clearly DJI have not set it up this way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj