Litchi gone crazy?

Reaction score
Popped this on Facebook but thought I would put it up here and see what yall thought...

I am having a complete meltdown. Total WTH moment. Or Litchi is. The drone spins and spins as it transits the waypoint course. It doesn't face the POI. It, in fact, turns around backwards from what the direction at a waypoint say is should at one point. Its freaking crazy!

The mission was planned and created in the hub. Synced with my nVidia Shield K1 with Litchi 3.5 and flown with a P3P.

I ran the mission TWICE. First time I didn't know what was happening (out of range). After watching the video of the first flight, I checked over the mission in the hub and on the app. It LOOKS like it should go. So I threw in another battery and set it off on its way again. Same sorta thing. Like a 4yr old spinning and spinning across the yard. Its nuts.

Mission: https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=b0jufcPObI
Resulting video flight:

I trimmed off the beginning and end landing leaving the whole course and you can see what it does. Its crazy. This mission should not be that hard.

I made a new mission close to home. You won't believe the screen cap! Wheee! It appears that it wants to do a complete 360 between each waypoint pair.

MIssion: https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=apJl7tC5vLScreen Cap:

Why does your screen say "NAVI" at the top ? I've never seen that while using Litchi. Is it possible to plan a mission for a P2 by accident, then download it to a P3P and get weird results? I don't know. I always plan my Litchi missions directly on the app on my phone. Just musing here. I fly a P3S and have never seen "NAVI" on the screen is why I asked. P3P may have a different screen.

I too have not seen the NAVI while using Litchi.

I've flown many Litchi waypoint missions and nothing like this. I had one mission that the bird flew to the first waypoint, hovered, and after a few seconds the app said the mission was complete. I flew back, rebooted everything and it flew the mission flawlessly.

I'm not convinced this is a pure Litchi problem. It may be hardware related. IMU perhaps?

SB

Navi is normal.

I think I found the problem. There is a setting that someone on facebook pointed out. "Rotations Direction" was set to "Manual". Don't know if that happened during the last APP upgrade or what. I honestly don't remember seeing it before and I have run WP missions that never resulted in this odd rotation. So either it was added and defaulted to manual or got reset to manual during one of the upgrades. I haven't run a WP mission since before 3.4. So it could have been reset in either of the last two updates.

I flipped it to "Managed" and ran the same mission I did the screen cap from (above). It executed the mission and the rotation were as I expected them to.

Apparently this setting is a GLOBAL setting and appears not to be saved with the mission which, frankly, it really should be. I tested this by loading prior missions and the setting says "Managed". In a mission, I changed it to "Manual" again and saved the mission. When I load other missions, they too are "Manual". This really should be a Per-Mission setting. Some missions may want manual rotations, some may not. Having to remember to flip it isn't something we should have to do every time we load missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik