Litchi glitch

I wonder if this DJI bug is related to the current FW? I never used to get this "mission ended" warning in the past (last fall early winter, same mission as recent). Now that the weather is warm enough to fly and at least one FW upgrade I get this message constantly. (I think) It does not always cause gimbal and/or speed problem though . Looking at recent videos the gimbal does appear to focus on POI. Only last night, immediate at the start of a mission with the mission ended warning did my speed and gimbal problems start.
That reply is from January 30 around when I first experienced the problem. I am still on a down rev version of the FW. 1.5.70 I think.

That reply is from January 30 around when I first experienced the problem. I am still on a down rev version of the FW. 1.5.70 I think.

This is getting more interesting by the minute. Thank goodness (or not :( ) for log files. I review each mission file logfile since Jan 2nd of this year. I have been so focussed on fixing my range issues I never even paid attention to how well the actual mission ran. All missions after Jan 2nd (starting Feb 14th) showed a problem with the gimbal and its ability to focus on POI. All but one focussed on the very first POI but after that gimbal pitch never changed. The roll however always worked. The other one worked fine for POI 1 and 2 but after that pitch never changed. As for Jan2nd, it ran perfect and pitch changes during the mission were similar if not identical to pitches changes of this mission run prior to Jan 2nd. So yeah..... My problem appear to have started sometime during or after Jan.

Today, Litchi worked just fine, go figure....
Probably, because I was taking pics for a friend's wedding, yesterday and today, just seeing if it would work

Today, Litchi worked just fine, go figure....
Probably, because I was taking pics for a friend's wedding, yesterday and today, just seeing if it would work

So u use Litchi for manual flights too? I normally flip over to DJI app after I've completed my pre planned missions.

I am beginning to have serious doubts about Litchi's explanation of the problem. I started having problems sometime after Jan 2nd of this year. During this period I also switched from Android to iOS version. All log files after Jan 2nd indicate a problem with each mission I ran. My first reaction was that it must be related to recent FW upgrades but given you are still on v1.5.n that theory doesnt hold water.

Tomorrow, weather permitting I will try this same (problem) mission but revert back to my android app. Just curious, what are you running Litchi under (ios or android)?

I am beginning to have serious doubts about Litchi's explanation of the problem. I started having problems sometime after Jan 2nd of this year. During this period I also switched from Android to iOS version. All log files after Jan 2nd indicate a problem with each mission I ran. My first reaction was that it must be related to recent FW upgrades but given you are still on v1.5.n that theory doesnt hold water.

Tomorrow, weather permitting I will try this same (problem) mission but revert back to my android app. Just curious, what are you running Litchi under (ios or android)?
The problem hasn't resurfaced for me. I'm also now running with a DBS mod and I think the problem may be related to momentary signal issues. I'm on iOS.

The problem hasn't resurfaced for me. I'm also now running with a DBS mod and I think the problem may be related to momentary signal issues. I'm on iOS.
Same setup as me.... My mod hasn't been working well for me though. Uplink signal is no better in fact even worst at times than when I use a standard unmodified controller. Like I said, tomorrow I will try android version along with both controllers. That is..... if this darn weather improves :(

So u use Litchi for manual flights too? I normally flip over to DJI app after I've completed my pre planned missions.

I do at times but for reasons that make no sense, I find RTH kicks in quicker than it does with the GO app. Only explanation I can think of is that the reporting of signal strength is lagging using the Litchi App. The DJI-Go app seems more "forgiving" in that I seem to have more time to respond to a signal drop and attempt to regain the signal before RTH kicks in. Using Litchi, I see my good signal drop to poor and at the blink of an eye, RTH.

Same setup as me.... My mod hasn't been working well for me though. Uplink signal is no better in fact even worst at times than when I use a standard unmodified controller. Like I said, tomorrow I will try android version along with both controllers. That is..... if this darn weather improves :(
In ideal conditions I beat 12,000 ft.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
Well I ran 4 (different) Litchi missions yesterday using my Android mobile. The results were quite different from my previous missions using my iPad 4 Mini. Not once did I get the dreaded warning "Mission Ended" and all gimbal movements behaved as they were set to despite the occasional signal loss. In fact, the 4th mission (lots of trees and other obstacles) I lost signal less than 2 minutes in yet the resulting video clearly showed that the gimbal adjusted properly throughout the remaining mission. Windy conditions over the next few days prevent me from further testing but so far it appears I be better off scrapping iOS version of Litchi missions till they fix this. Once the weather/wind setlles down I will try some back to back testing using both iOS and Android version.

Well I ran 4 (different) Litchi missions yesterday using my Android mobile. The results were quite different from my previous missions using my iPad 4 Mini. Not once did I get the dreaded warning "Mission Ended" and all gimbal movements behaved as they were set to despite the occasional signal loss. In fact, the 4th mission (lots of trees and other obstacles) I lost signal less than 2 minutes in yet the resulting video clearly showed that the gimbal adjusted properly throughout the remaining mission. Windy conditions over the next few days prevent me from further testing but so far it appears I be better off scrapping iOS version of Litchi missions till they fix this. Once the weather/wind setlles down I will try some back to back testing using both iOS and Android version.
I'm guessing maybe you lost video downlink but still had controller uplink? Because the gimbal changes won't happen if you're totally disconnected.

I'm guessing maybe you lost video downlink but still had controller uplink? Because the gimbal changes won't happen if you're totally disconnected.
Actually, it was the opposite (as is always the case since I did the DBS mod). I lose uplink within 500 meters but downlink/video is good for up to 1 mile. This is true with either my iPad or my Samsung mobile but only with the latter do I get the expected mission results. As I mentioned above, over the past few months I have focused entirely on these (DBS mod) uplink issues and ignored the mission/video results during this process. Only since last week did I go back and review the results of each of these missions.

I have been running the same mission over and over since early last fall with the plan to take the resulting videos and overlap sections to produce the effect of changing seasons. My videos from Sept last year till Jan this year work quite well for this purpose. Early this year I switched from Android to iOS as well as added the DBS mo and from that point on none of the resulting videos are usable because, in many cases, the gimbal pitch did not change from its initial settings. At the same time or shortly there after, I started getting the "mission ended" error. The videos I shot this week, however, using my Samsung, executed perfectly. More testing needed before I make a final verdict but I am losing faith in the iOS version of Litchi. If I am right I really hope they get it fixed soon because my iPad Mini 4 is sooooo much nicer to use than my phone ;)

Actually, it was the opposite (as is always the case since I did the DBS mod). I lose uplink within 500 meters but downlink/video is good for up to 1 mile. This is true with either my iPad or my Samsung mobile but only with the latter do I get the expected mission results. As I mentioned above, over the past few months I have focused entirely on these (DBS mod) uplink issues and ignored the mission/video results during this process. Only since last week did I go back and review the results of each of these missions.

I have been running the same mission over and over since early last fall with the plan to take the resulting videos and overlap sections to produce the effect of changing seasons. My videos from Sept last year till Jan this year work quite well for this purpose. Early this year I switched from Android to iOS as well as added the DBS mo and from that point on none of the resulting videos are usable because, in many cases, the gimbal pitch did not change from its initial settings. At the same time or shortly there after, I started getting the "mission ended" error. The videos I shot this week, however, using my Samsung, executed perfectly. More testing needed before I make a final verdict but I am losing faith in the iOS version of Litchi. If I am right I really hope they get it fixed soon because my iPad Mini 4 is sooooo much nicer to use than my phone ;)
They released a new iOS update for Litchi a few days ago, may help resolve some of your issues. Certainly fixed the pano issues I was having.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
They released a new iOS update for Litchi a few days ago, may help resolve some of your issues. Certainly fixed the pano issues I was having.
I hope so. iPad mini 4 vs Samsung S6 screen. No contest. But then again, if my missions continue to be flawed I will live with the little screen :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31