Litchi Gimble Angle Not Changing

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Need some help, please. I've flown a bunch of missions, but I haven't been able to get the gimble to change angles. It will face the direction of the POI, but it won't change the gimbal angle. I've tried a bunch of settings and nothing has helped.

Heading is set to "Custom". Default Gimble Pitch Mode is "Focus POI". Also tried it set to "Interpolate". I don't think I've tried Default Gimble Pitch Mode set to "Disabled".

I've changed waypoints to be POI and also changed them to Interpolate and set a custom angle.

I've gone into the DJI Go app and changed the Gimble Mode to Follow as I've seen suggested other places.

Any ideas?

Using P3S.

Which angle are you hoping to change?
Pitch (up and down)
Yaw (left and right) or
Roll (tilt)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iOS user here and I have the same issue. This really must be a bug. Maybe someone can confirm that this auto pitch function actually works for them?

Also, I tried manually pointing the camera down during a mission and every time it hit a waypoint the camera forced itself to pitch back up. My waypoints are set at 1-3 feet above the ground.

Last edited:
iOS user here and I have the same issue. This really must be a bug. Maybe someone can confirm that this auto pitch function actually works for them?

Gimbal pitch settings work perfectly for me in iOS version. Note, though, that pitch will only be controlled when the Phantom is within range of the controller. When it is out of range, it stays at the angle it was at before losing connection. This is from the Litchi documentation:
"Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller."

Solved. Setting EACH waypoint to Focus POI makes this work correctly. Not sure what Interpolate was supposed to do but don't care now.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same experience on ios as the above post. POI will work, but attempting to set gimbal pitch using interpolate will not. Have tried a range of settings but cant get it to work at all. Setting POI's can work as a work around, but trying to film specific effects or angles is difficult with this not working.

BTW, ran the same mission on the android version and it worked like a charm. IOS is certainly lacking with this app. On the other hand, Autopilot works well on IOS and actually does a better job of keeping the object of interest centered. Just wish they had a PC based mission hub like Litchi.

I had the same experience on ios as the above post. POI will work, but attempting to set gimbal pitch using interpolate will not. Have tried a range of settings but cant get it to work at all. Setting POI's can work as a work around, but trying to film specific effects or angles is difficult with this not working.

Can you explain exactly what interpolate will do that Focus POI doesn't?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was hoping to use interpolate by recording waypoint and gimbal angles while flying manually so I could frame my shots almost exactly like I want them (without guessing from a pre-programmed waypoint and POI setup) then go back and fly the mission autonomously. Once saved, I could re-fly the same mission for a before and after video. However with this iOS version it doesn't seem to work--the gimbal just goes to first WP tilt angle and remains there through-out mission.

Autopilot doesn't work that well either--gimbal pitch goes crazy and phantom goes into a jittery hover if radio reception drops below 90%, but otherwise at least behaves as programmed if reception is perfect.

Read Gimbal Pitch.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459713318.328588.jpg

When consecutive WP's are focussing on the same POI the gimbal angle will be different based on distance from the POI to each WP as well as if there is a difference in altitude between WP's.
When planning a mission, set each WP to focus POI so that it sets the gimbal angle and then set it to Interpolate. The gimbal will smoothly transition between the different angles required for the POI while it flies from one WP to the next.

I can't get gimbal pitch angle to work with POI's either on the iOS version. Clearly the iOS version of Litchi is quite buggy.

I am having some real trouble with this too (iOS), I tried to make a straight line using "interpolate" with the gimbal facing directly down, once passing over my POI, I had it change to "focus POI" and go into an orbit set up with waypoints, all of which were focusing the POI. However, once passing over my POI, it starts to circle the POI while coming down in altitude, but the gimbal only came up to maybe -80 degrees and stopped leaving the POI well out of sight, rather than continuing to raise its pitch while the drone was coming down. The POI altitude settings were perfect, and I even tried adjusting the POI to a higher altitude but the gimbal did exactly the same thing. Quite disappointing really.

I am using a P3S with android samsung g5 phone and g7 tablet and in all cases the gimbal will go to about -60 but will absolutely not go past this even though I set the angle to -90 POI nor interpolate will go past -60. I did a gimbal calibrate and imu calibration but no change. I have gone into every possible setting but the only way I can get past this is to manually push down to -90. Not sure what to try next

Also, I tried manually pointing the camera down during a mission and every time it hit a waypoint the camera forced itself to pitch back up. My waypoints are set at 1-3 feet above the ground.
When you set a POI, you are asked to enter it's ELEVATION. Once you set this value the drone has sufficient data to determine GIMBAL PITCH ANGLE. If you look at the GIMBAL PITCH on a particular Waypoint having chosen the FOCUS POI option, you will see that the camera pitch DEGREE VALUE on the far right will change as a function of the CHOSEN POI ELEVATION.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj