Litchi Gimbal Speed

Reaction score
First time accomplishing a mission in Litchi Waypoints and I like it. One thing I wasn't able to adjust is speed at which the gimbal change from POI to POI. It's too fast at certain parts of the mission. Did I miss anything or there is just no way to adjust this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Albeit I am only speculating on your question, but I would think that the speed of the camera panning would be directly tied to the distance and speed from waypoint to waypoint. As an example, if the camera needed to be pointing at poi 2 when it reaches waypoint 2, then you couldn't expect to have the panning speed at less than the speed set between waypoints. You would miss the mark. Again, just speculation, but it is likely using the logic of interpolate.

You can add more waypoints and/or put them further apart. If your points are close together and switching POIs, the transition is going to be rapid. Also, make sure you have the mission set to "curved paths" instead of "straight lines." Don't forget though that if set to curved paths, any actions you've programmed (like "take photo") will be ignored. This is because with actions the drone has to reach the waypoint first. With curved paths, the drone never reaches the waypoint, instead curving around it. Also be aware that the camera will only focus on the programmed POI if the drone is in contact with the RC. If you lose contact, the mission will continue as planned, but the POIs will be toast. (This is problem/issue with DJI's SDK (Software Development Kit), not a bug with Litchi. Litchi can only work within the confines of DJI's SDK.)

Thanks Pharm. Yes I know about actions not available while on curved paths. At least I can record manually. Would I be able to pause the mission and take a photo manually then resume? Haven't had the chance to try that yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers