Litchi full inflight Disconnect

Reaction score
Flying the P4 yesterday in Litchi's FPV mode on Ipad Air 2 testing out the Strobon strobe lights (over water with no interference), and Litchi very suddenly disconnected completely (image and control) at 3000'. I closed Litchi and reopened, and it failed to reconnect. I then closed it again and opened DJI Go, and Go connected right away with full signal strength for both image and control. I flew the remainder of my flights using Go.

I have the latest Litchi version, and all the latest firmware and whatnot. Anybody else experiencing any new issues with Litchi?

Same thing here. I have used Litchi countless times with zero issues. Now, it seems to be disconnecting every time. Very, very frustrated.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled with no change.

Yeah, up until yesterday, Litchi was my go to app, and now I'm left wondering. I have had disconnects before due to distance, and it always went in and out at first, presumably scanning for and then finding a clearer channel to operate on. This time it was a sudden and solid disconnect with no warning whatsoever. It went from 100% on both the up-link and down-link to 0%...

I don't use Facebook, but I understand they have a presence there. Maybe somebody who visits their Facebook page can see if anybody is mentioning this issue there..

After thinking more about what occurred yesterday regarding Litchi suddenly disconnecting, I now recall a few more details, and I also have since uploaded the flight log data to Airdata UAV as well.

I was on a straight line FPV flight at 230 feet, and I had full (100%) up and down links out to 2540 feet. At this point, Litchi suddenly showed disconnected in the app with 0% links. The flight log only shows the portions of the flight up to when it disconnected and does not show that it did disconnect.

My first response to this was to perform a climb via the remote to see if a higher altitude may have assisted with a reconnect. Even though I could still see the copter due to its strobes, I could not clearly tell if it did climb, but regardless, it did not reconnect. I then closed and reopened Litchi, but it still showed disconnected after about 30 seconds. I could see the copter hovering in place, and at this point, I recall wondering why it had not entered RTH mode. I then closed Litchi and opened Go4, and it connected instantly with full signal bars up and down. The copter was also at 400 feet as indicated in the app, so this confirmed that my previous climb attempt had been successful. I then flew back without incident.

In the end, it seems that this was all due to the Litchi app failing in such a way that the copter and flight logs were oblivious to its doing so. The copter did not know that Litchi was showing disconnected - and was in fact, still connected strongly to the remote - and having no reason to RTH with 80% battery left, it simply hovered in place as it had last been told to do once I let off the right stick. If Go4 had not worked as well, I would have thought that the USB cable was maybe bad, but since it did, I can rule this out..

The latest iOS 1.16.2 version fixed the endless pano problems I was having with erratic almost flyaway behaviour and timed out shots. I emailed Litchi and their response was to switch my device to airplane mode to prevent 'traffic' going back to the dji servers (?) and to prevent the disconnect issues. I tried that but that made no difference until the latest app update which from memory specifically addressed the pano challenges. I run a boosted FPVLR setup on my P4, custom channel setting and transmission rate down to 4 Mbps, so I rarely have a signal disconnect but you are right in that I will often lose image transmission using Litchi but never have that problem with the Go4 app. I decided that I would only use Litchi for missions, panos and nothing else.

Thanks tevek. Yeah, I always fly isolated with my iPad. It's wifi only, and there is nothing to connect to once I turn off my phone's hotspot. I'm in the same boat as you regarding how I'll use Litchi now until I learn more about this.

Flying the P4 yesterday in Litchi's FPV mode on Ipad Air 2 testing out the Strobon strobe lights (over water with no interference), and Litchi very suddenly disconnected completely (image and control) at 3000'. I closed Litchi and reopened, and it failed to reconnect. I then closed it again and opened DJI Go, and Go connected right away with full signal strength for both image and control. I flew the remainder of my flights using Go.

I have the latest Litchi version, and all the latest firmware and whatnot. Anybody else experiencing any new issues with Litchi?
Had a similar problem about 10 days ago. I was in FPV using Litchi with my P4 and hand flown out about 3500'. I started to bring it back and got within 600' at an altitude of 175'. The gimbal started going wild, flailing about (could see glimpses of the landing gear), then everything did a disconnect (video and control). Then my P4 started to fly away. I restarted Litchi with no response. Tried GO4 no response. Rebooted the RC, then Litichi no response. It just flew away with about 60% battery left. I was in an area with lots of sagebrush about 2-3' tall. One would never find it from the ground. The sagebrush would hide it. With GO4 being squirly and Litchi acting up, what is a person to use?

I am coming to the conclusion that Litchi does not work! I have had my P3 for about a month & have logged approximately 30 miles on it. I should have a lot more but spent way too much time on the ground trying to get Litchi to connect. It crashes, disconnects mid flight, refuses to connect with every conceivable combination of P3, RC & tablet sequence, network start/stop,.... Tried it with DJI Go, installed, uninstalled, running, not running. Litchi just does not work properly. I come back to DJI Go & it connects & stays connected, Litchi doesn't work, crash, disconnect, disconnected, ... I have read everything, everywhere that I can on getting this to work, I have removed every app on my recommended Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4.

DJI Go doesn't offer all the features I desire & Litchi is defective. I will try DJI Ultimate Flight & maybe I will have a feature rich, dependable app to fly with. Here's hoping

I am coming to the conclusion that Litchi does not work! I have had my P3 for about a month & have logged approximately 30 miles on it. I should have a lot more but spent way too much time on the ground trying to get Litchi to connect. It crashes, disconnects mid flight, refuses to connect with every conceivable combination of P3, RC & tablet sequence, network start/stop,.... Tried it with DJI Go, installed, uninstalled, running, not running. Litchi just does not work properly. I come back to DJI Go & it connects & stays connected, Litchi doesn't work, crash, disconnect, disconnected, ... I have read everything, everywhere that I can on getting this to work, I have removed every app on my recommended Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4.

DJI Go doesn't offer all the features I desire & Litchi is defective. I will try DJI Ultimate Flight & maybe I will have a feature rich, dependable app to fly with. Here's hoping
Obviously Litchi itself is not inherently defective as many thousands of people use it regularly with no problem, but there may be some as-yet unknown software or firmware issue on your device though that is creating some conflict. There do seem to be a lot of complaints about Samsung tablets although I don't know why.

This sure is not Plug-n-Play! The only way I could get it to somewhat consistently connect & work is to start DJI go first, then Litchi, then close DJI go. That is with everything else removed from my tablet, except what is needed to allow my tablet to run.

When it works, it is quite nice & linking with the mission hub is flawless. For $25, I was expecting a bit more in smooth, consistent operation of the app. Happy to be using it after lots of grief, getting it to work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4