Litchi FPV Praise and ?

Reaction score
So first let me start by saying a couple of weeks ago I bought the Headplay Goggles for flying. When I received them I couldn't see and had to buy lenses to go with them. Even after I wasn't impressed with the view, I have mono vision contacts so Headplay without diopter adjustments are a problem.

Last night on this forum I read about the Litchi app now having FPV for use with cheap glasses. I did some research and settled on the BlitzWolf VR https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJSKIDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 glasses for a whopping $26.99. I bought the app for $22.99 so I was all in for under $50. Compare that to $250 for the Headplay and $100 for the controller HDMI mod and a few more bucks for lenses and you can see the difference in price. As for performance, the view blew away what I was getting in Headplay, again not blaming headplay but my vision. However, to have a system that works great, small self contained with no battery etc is a pleasure.

Now for my question. About 10 minutes into my flight I started to lose the image and I was close by. Controller was reporting 100% HD. I took the headset off and went back to flying from the app and still the image would disappear for a good bit then come back and this went in until I ended the flight. Anyone have an idea what might have caused this?

So first let me start by saying a couple of weeks ago I bought the Headplay Goggles for flying. When I received them I couldn't see and had to buy lenses to go with them. Even after I wasn't impressed with the view, I have mono vision contacts so Headplay without diopter adjustments are a problem.

Last night on this forum I read about the Litchi app now having FPV for use with cheap glasses. I did some research and settled on the BlitzWolf VR https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJSKIDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 glasses for a whopping $26.99. I bought the app for $22.99 so I was all in for under $50. Compare that to $250 for the Headplay and $100 for the controller HDMI mod and a few more bucks for lenses and you can see the difference in price. As for performance, the view blew away what I was getting in Headplay, again not blaming headplay but my vision. However, to have a system that works great, small self contained with no battery etc is a pleasure.

Now for my question. About 10 minutes into my flight I started to lose the image and I was close by. Controller was reporting 100% HD. I took the headset off and went back to flying from the app and still the image would disappear for a good bit then come back and this went in until I ended the flight. Anyone have an idea what might have caused this?
I wonder if heat is causing you some issues. It's been stated before that if your device starts to heat up it will affect the live streaming and since the phone is enclosed.. just curious.

Now, a question I have here is what were you using to connect the phone to the controller? Just a USB cable? I've been thinking of doing the same thing you did here but not sure if these headsets have a pass through for the cable.

Also, how was it? Worth the investment or better to just stay with the iPad?

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.