Litchi for VR /FPV w/Samsung Phone- USB Cable Needed or Not??

Reaction score
Hi...I've been learning Litchi and am interested in the VR mode....If I want to use that with my Samsung S7 Edge in a Gear VR do I or do I not need to connect the USB cable from the DJI P3P controller to the Samsung S7 Edge phone? There IS a USB micro port on the latest Gear VR...is that usable?

I also have inbound tomorrow one of these:
VR SHINECON 2nd VersionVirtual Reality Glasses Headset for 3D Videos Movies Games Compatible with Most 3.5"-6.0" iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Moto Smartphone (Black)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LSD1FYW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Same question there...can I pop in my Samsung S7 Edge (or my iPhone 6 for that matter) and use Litchi in VR mode??...or do I need to find a way to connect the USB cable from the DJI P3P controller?

Thanks!

You would have to "mod" your Gear VR as it doesn't allow for a pass through USB. I'm in the same boat so I ended up picking up a different set of goggles. I did try a 90 degree usb cable but it still didn't fit quite right. The issue is you need to get the usb cable from the remote to your phone, and you can't accomplish this using the Samsung VR.

Here are a few threads:

Samung Gear VR and FPV

Phantom 3 + Samsung Gear VR

Thanks for the reply....that is what I suspected. I just received a pair of VR glasses that are non-Gear from Shinecon, their 2nd version. Hoping I can just route the USB to the Samsung S7 Edge in the holder....have an iPhone 6 to try also.

Thanks for the reply....that is what I suspected. I just received a pair of VR glasses that are non-Gear from Shinecon, their 2nd version. Hoping I can just route the USB to the Samsung S7 Edge in the holder....have an iPhone 6 to try also.
I picked up a pair of Freefly VR goggles and they work fine. No problems getting the cable to the phone. A while ago I did see a few photos online where someone simply used a 90 degree usb cable with their Samsung VR and it worked perfectly fine. It's just difficult finding one where the part that fits in to the phone isn't too bulky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl