Litchi for Phantom 4 (v1.5.0) and newer

I use Litchi on every flight and use mostly waypoint missions - it's a great tool. My only slight criticism is with Litchi's aesthetics.. it's UI reminds me more of a child's toy with its bold Litchi Camera icon and Bright glaring colours.. unlike DJI's more professional, sleek and modern looking interface. However, I take nothing away from Litchi, it is a phenomenal piece of software.

1. I always do manual take off's and when on a Waypoint mission, fly to a safe altitude before initiating the mission with the first and last Waypoint set directly (more or less) above me.

2. I NEVER HAND CATCH (unless in an emergency) - this is unsafe for the user and the aircraft - Sorry to those that think otherwise, but it's a fact and is very stupid!

3. If I can help it, I always manual land, always on to a doormat.

Last edited:
2. I NEVER HAND CATCH (unless in an emergency) - this is unsafe for the user and the aircraft - Sorry to those that think otherwise, but it's a fact and is very stupid!
Before you judge the many pilots here who do hand catch/hand launch, (I have done hundreds without incident) understand there are certain situations where it can be a great benefit. Launching from a boat, landing where dogs have decided they want a closer look, a craggy river bead or rocky base that has no flat area,

Reactions: snowghost
I use Litchi on every flight and use mostly waypoint missions - it's a great tool. My only slight criticism is with Litchi's aesthetics.. it's UI reminds me more of a child's toy with its bold Litchi Camera icon and Bright glaring colours.. unlike DJI's more professional, sleek and modern looking interface. However, I take nothing away from Litchi, it is a phenomenal piece of software.s

1. I always do manual take off's and when on a Waypoint mission, fly to a safe altitude before initiating the mission with the first and last Waypoint set directly (more or less) above me.

3. If I can help it, I always manual land, always on to a doormat.

There a lot of people that use hand catching or even hand lift off, but this is besides this topic (Litchi).

On topic:
First I like this threat a lot. I use Litchi most of the time and find it more stable then Go4. I think Litchi is money well spent.
Before you launch (play) a mission, be sure to check the height.
The pause button (10 in picture) on the controller can be used also to pause the mission. In more critical missions I keep my finger on this button just as a safe precaution. If you pauze a mission, you do not have control over it. If you want to fly manually you must switch to S.
controller2.JPG

The Litchi App gives more functions then the Hubb does. This is also true when exporting to CSV. If you share a mission it can give a wrong impression.
Besides the Facebook Litchi page there is also a Control forum which covers Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj