Litchi for Phantom 4 (v1.5.0) and newer

Lets say for a WP # 4 you have chosen POI #2, well as soon as the bird leaves WP #3, it will start to pan around to that POI no mater where it is. That is, the drone will orient itself so it points to POI # 2 even though it is flying towards WP #4. Now you can have a WP and a POI in virtually the same spot if you wish. To check this, just look at the little Litchi camera icon on each waypoint, it tells you where the camera (ergo the drone) is pointing. Here is how to do that; If you have set up all of your WPs, you need to now set up your POIs by right clicking and dropping them where every you want. Now go in to each WP and choose which POI you want the drone/camera to be looking at. Also, I suggest you choose "Focus POI" for the gimbal pitch for each of them for the first few missions

I will try it tonight. I will plan a mission now and post it here so you can tell me if I am on the right track.

Here's a sample mission... now explain how i know when it will look at those POI's and which waypoints it will do that for? I just don't understand, forgive me.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I love litchi but it is a little confusing and there is not much guidance lol

I routinely do golf clubs - here's an example of my current project

Mission Hub - Litchi

Mission Hub - Litchi

Crikey.. Is that Strathfield Golf Club? I have been doing research on that golf club and their partial land sale. Thanks for sharing the mission. Lots of complexity and highly efficient.

There doesnt seem to be many doglegs on the course. Im not sure whether to have POI configured for the first few way points as they will be pointing at the green through trees..

I will do some testing today thanks

Last edited:
Why did you not just plan the whole mission on Litchi Mission Hub? You could have created orbits around your POIs (the greens) and used "curved turns" in settings to give you smooth orbits.
I have been doing a few course jobs as they pop up throughout the country. It actually helps that I have (or my company has) the 333 exemption becuause this is a great gig right now.

When you set such a straight path, are you menuevering it around or just let it go straight and do some pans on the cam or something?

Question about channels, I see ALL of the channels are offered as well as Auto mode. Does the auto mode in Litchi scan all 30 channels unlike the DJI GO?
Are you sure the P4 isn't scanning all 30 channel modes when inactivated and on auto or furthermore, is there a reason to think otherwise? Honest question.

DJI GO in AUTO mode only scans the default 8 channels for the best one. In manual mode with the channel mod, you're able to use the other channels.

Any experienced Litchi users? Does Litchi AUTO scan all 30 channels and pick best one?

I love litchi but it is a little confusing and there is not much guidance lol
Ok once you get it you will do like I did and say WOW, this is great! So looking at your mission I see that there is only POI (you can set up as many as you want). Now as I click on each WP (waypoint) I see that each one is set to POI # 1. Also, you can see the little image of the Litchi Camera Icon that is superimposed on each of the WPs,. That icon is facing the POI that it is going to be pointing towards as the drone flies the mission. In this case, POI # 1. Now try setting up a few different POIs and then tell each WP which POI you want the drone to point towards. Also, you should make sure that your first and last WPs are right where you will be launching from.

Ok once you get it you will do like I did and say WOW, this is great! So looking at your mission I see that there is only POI (you can set up as many as you want). Now as I click on each WP (waypoint) I see that each one is set to POI # 1. Also, you can see the little image of the Litchi Camera Icon that is superimposed on each of the WPs,. That icon is facing the POI that it is going to be pointing towards as the drone flies the mission. In this case, POI # 1. Now try setting up a few different POIs and then tell each WP which POI you want the drone to point towards. Also, you should make sure that your first and last WPs are right where you will be launching from.
can't believe i didn't see the "POI" box.. thank you.

Why did you not just plan the whole mission on Litchi Mission Hub? You could have created orbits around your POIs (the greens) and used "curved turns" in settings to give you smooth orbits.
I did plan it on the hub but when I loaded it on site, the map was about 15' out of line with actual. I lost confidence in it and planned it manually. I didn't think that you could add an orbit to a mission consisting of waypoints ..

Cheers for the input

I did plan it on the hub but when I loaded it on site, the map was about 15' out of line with actual. I lost confidence in it and planned it manually.
If you see a difference between the Hub and the app, probably you have the "angle view" enabled on the Hub (can be disabled via button in the bottom right corner in the Hub).

DJI GO in AUTO mode only scans the default 8 channels for the best one. In manual mode with the channel mod, you're able to use the other channels.

Any experienced Litchi users? Does Litchi AUTO scan all 30 channels and pick best one?
Still curious

If you see a difference between the Hub and the app, probably you have the "angle view" enabled on the Hub (can be disabled via button in the bottom right corner in the Hub).
Yes this "angled view" does not seem to add a lot to the app, maybe you guys would consider eliminating it from next upgrade? Thanks Litchi for a great app !

Hi thanks for your input but I can't see the button. All I have is the plus and minus sign with the little man above it.

Hi thanks for your input but I can't see the button. All I have is the plus and minus sign with the little man above it.
There is no button for angle view it just automatically turns into angle view when you zoom in far enough.

We just disabled the angle view so it should no longer be an issue.

Reactions: Suhail78
@Kaehn I have the most recent updates on P4 RC Litchi (android), I have something I haven't experienced before I sent litchi on a mission I had radio link and at around 60% it decided to pop up returning home like DJI GO app would, as (SMART RETURN HOME) started working in Litchi now? Because I have always had it enabled in DJI Go and Litchi has never decided to do that?

It depends on the firmware, we don't change this setting in Litchi. If the firmware decides it won't be able to complete the mission and go home in time, then you may see the smart RTH trigger. Unfortunately we don't know the calculations that are made for this to trigger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers