Litchi for iOS adds Orbit...

Reaction score
Hers the change log;

Added Orbit Flight Mode
Misc Ui improvements and bug fixes

Nice update

I use my iPadPro for mission planning and the update keeps crashing? Worked great before.

I find if you delete the App and then download the new update it fixes the issue. I've had to do this with the GO app as in the past, as well

I agree, whenever there is an app update available (not just this one, but any app) I always delete the existing one first then go to the App Store and download the new one. I NEVER hit update. I flew with the new litchi app this morning on IOS with no problems whatsoever

If you are using the new Orbit mode keep this in mind:

From Litchi.com:

Failsafe
If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level (can be set in DJI Go). It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find if you delete the App and then download the new update it fixes the issue. I've had to do this with the GO app as in the past, as well
I did this and it is still crashing. I don't use the pro for flying but it is nice for flight planing.

I did this and it is still crashing. I don't use the pro for flying but it is nice for flight planing.
I did the same, but the app only re-installs halfway and then the installation just hangs??

I did the same, but the app only re-installs halfway and then the installation just hangs??

Hmmmm, you can try this. Hold Down the Home Button and the Power Button for about 5 sec. Your I device will shut off. Restart and try the install again. This clears out the cache file and should help. Also make sure your iDevice is current with the latest software. iOS 9.2.1

Apparently there is an issue with ipad pro crashes. According to support it will be fixed in the next release.

Reactions: Phantazmk
A follow up rev has been released to fix the problem. Ipad pro users should be set.

If you are using the new Orbit mode keep this in mind:

From Litchi.com:

Failsafe
If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level (can be set in DJI Go). It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow, that's a huge bucket of fail.

Hmmmm, you can try this. Hold Down the Home Button and the Power Button for about 5 sec. Your I device will shut off. Restart and try the install again. This clears out the cache file and should help. Also make sure your iDevice is current with the latest software. iOS 9.2.1
Cheers. I tried that but the install got stuck again halfway and just sat there for two hours, so I left it overnight, and lo and behold, it was installed this morning.

I am now installing the patch for the pro crash, and it is just as bad.

Both Airnest and Testflight had upgrades last night and they both installed normally, so it is not my device or connection.

Doe anyone know how to determine orientation on Litchi. There appears to be no radar screen as on the DJI Go App?

I have to say all the programs having contradictory settings is confusing. I set thing in the Go app, then find I set again with other limitations in litchi then again in autopilot. (which over rides what and when) I think the most confusing thing so far for me since I haven't found the answer is when I set the software (go app) to IMPERIAL. It asks for flight ceiling limit and says (20~500m) [ ] Since I'm set to imperial. Is 100 in the box 100 meters or 100 ft? I assume it's meters, so I set it at 100. But I have tree's around me taller than 100ft. And really do I want it to raise to 300 ft before coming back on low battery?

In the go app, even though you set imperial the RTH is metric. So yeah, 91 or so meters will get you the 300' you want.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik