Litchi for Android and connectivity issues, anyone else?

Reaction score
I really like the added features of Litchi vs the standard app. However with my android (SAMSUNG S7) on initial launch it rarely ever picks up my Phantom. I close the app, reopen, close, reopen, close, reopen, reboot phone, open standard app, close, close all, rinse repeat on and on until magically it seems to load find and I get video feed.

I'm guessing this is a problem specific to me, since I don't hear others complaining? Sometimes I waste 2% battery just trying to get it to load without a crash or with video feed.

It sounds to me like you are saying that you are struggling to get your device connected to the Phantom's WiFi. Is that correct?
If so, try turning your RC on and leave it sit for 30 to 40 seconds. Then open your device's WiFi settings and see if it connects better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had serious connection issues until I started following this start-up proceedure:

Tablet on

open app

go to wi-fi, disconnect from my home wi-fi and connect to Phantom wifi

go back to app

start-up drone

VOILA!

Works each and every time.

I had serious connection issues until I started following this start-up proceedure:

Tablet on

open app

go back to app

start-up drone

VOILA!

Works each and every time.

Interesting, I was doing 1. Drone on. 2. RC on. 3. Wait 15s (for them to connect etc). 4. Connect phone wifi to my RC wifi. 5. Open Litchi.

I'm going to try your sequence see if that changes anything.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Interesting, I was doing 1. Drone on. 2. RC on. 3. Wait 15s (for them to connect etc). 4. Connect phone wifi to my RC wifi. 5. Open Litchi.

OPPS! SORRY!!! Forgot something:

Tablet on and booted up then,

RC on then,

open app

start-up drone

VOILA!

The common concensus around here (and I remember in my old R/C plane days) that you never want your drone turned on without the contoller on, so the RC should be the first item turned on, and the last item turned off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is it the wifi connecting or the app connecting? You can't Dji and litchi running the same time. You need to force close Dji then try opening litchi. You should try to download shut app from play store and kill all apps then try to connect and it should be fine. If you have Dji app running while trying to get litchi running you will have problems connecting. You can't just close Dji you need to force close in app manager. If you try shut app they might fix the problem.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Is it the wifi connecting or the app connecting? You can't Dji and litchi running the same time. You need to force close Dji then try opening litchi. You should try to download shut app from play store and kill all apps then try to connect and it should be fine. If you have Dji app running while trying to get litchi running you will have problems connecting. You can't just close Dji you need to force close in app manager. If you try shut app they might fix the problem.

It even happens most of the time when restarting my phone and the first app I open is Litchi.

Try Shut app...

It even happens most of the time when restarting my phone and the first app I open is Litchi.
It's happens to me also with 2 of my devices. I have s6. I use the shut app,then I turn on controller and connect to device with wifi. After connected I turn P3S on and open litchi. It doesn't connect so I press the task manager and swipe litchi to side then reopen litchi and it connects. It rarely connects the first time for me. For me it always takes 2x for me to open it to get it to connect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers