Litchi fog flying

Reaction score
I want to do a 6 minute mission in light fog around 100 metres high. I have flown once in heavy fog where everything came back wet but it was for around 2 minutes. Any advice would be great. If you look at that tower block in the pic it's around 80 metres high and you can see the light fog around the top. Is 6 mins to long to fly in that kind of fog?
1483106914993.jpg

Neon Euc

At the moment this is the weather forecast. Will that cause issues apart from shorter battery life in flight?
1483107069023.png

Neon Euc

If Ice forms on props it will not be good.

Reactions: Neon Euc
If Ice forms on props it will not be good.

would need some real arctic temps to have water freeze on them at speed drone prop is traveling. Now the body getting heavy from buildup......
also not likely in 6 minute flight, at least not enough to jeopardize it. I saw a video of drone hovering with a 2 ltr bottle filled with water slung under it.

Cheers guys. I missed the flight slot as the fog is now getting heavier and not much point launching it now as I won't be able to see much. But will plan to do it tomorrow if the fog is still light

Neon Euc

Cheers guys. I missed the flight slot as the fog is now getting heavier and not much point launching it now as I won't be able to see much. But will plan to do it tomorrow if the fog is still light

Neon Euc

so your flight idea was two legs sticking out of fluffy clouds without hitting taller building?
Wish I still lived in mountains. flying over the clouds, and dropping down into them, then popping back up would look neat. A little jaws background music to ease the tension of video.....

would need some real arctic temps to have water freeze on them at speed drone prop is traveling. Now the body getting heavy from buildup......
also not likely in 6 minute flight, at least not enough to jeopardize it. I saw a video of drone hovering with a 2 ltr bottle filled with water slung under it.
It makes no difference to a prop, what speed it is rotating... If the conditions are right, ice would form. As to ice build up on the drone body, that would likely never be a problem. The props however keep the $$$ machine aloft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers