Litchi focus and track modes

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what these modes do exactly? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Isn't that the same as track mode?
Or is it that focus mode for stationary objects and track mode for moving objects?

Isn't that the same as track mode?
Or is it that focus mode for stationary objects and track mode for moving objects?

No. Track will focus on a subject using optical recognition/artificial intelligence rather than relying on a GPS (claimed to offer similar in performance to the new P4 feature for P3 and Inspire 1 AC).

Are you using litchi?

Have you read the documentation?

Yes I use litchi iOS but only for waypoint missions ,,

I have read the documentation but I'm just not clear on the difference between focus and track mode

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I use litchi iOS but only for waypoint missions ,,

I have read the documentation but I'm just not clear on the difference between focus and track mode

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Which part isn't clear? I haven't tried the new modes yet but the explanations seem adequate. Have you tested?

I'm actually with 'Jeremiah212' on this. The documentation may seem clear to you 'with the birds', but the differences between the modes seems very subtle. I tried them briefly last night but was unable to determine what they each do because it was already getting dark when I left work.

I got stoked to see I wasn't the only one wondering about this, which is why I looked my head into this thread. Still don't have a good answer though.

If anyone knows who the differences would be kind enough to share with those who aren't as savvy, it would be greatly appreciated. IMO It's far more productive than continiously suggesting someone to read documentation they've clearly read.

I'm actually with 'Jeremiah212' on this. The documentation may seem clear to you 'with the birds', but the differences between the modes seems very subtle. I tried them briefly last night but was unable to determine what they each do because it was already getting dark when I left work.

I got stoked to see I wasn't the only one wondering about this, which is why I looked my head into this thread. Still don't have a good answer though.

If anyone knows who the differences would be kind enough to share with those who aren't as savvy, it would be greatly appreciated. IMO It's far more productive than continiously suggesting someone to read documentation they've clearly read.

From the help link in Litchi....

FOCUS "Focus allows you to easily keep a subject (Point of Interest or Mobile Device) in the video frame while flying the aircraft manually"

TRACK "In Track mode, Litchi uses state of the art computer vision algorithms to track a selected object on the video preview and keep it in the frame"

The differences in primary function of these modes seem more than subtle.

Focus will keep the AC pointed at a POI you select on the map or at the remote (your choice). You fly. In case of selecting remote as POI you will need a gps enabled phone or tablet.

Track will control yaw and gimble tilt to keep the camera pointed at an object you select in camera view.

An observation I may offer is that I would expect you to have had limited success with track mode flying in low light.

While someone may be able to offer a more satisfactory explanation than litchi has or my take on it that is the best I can do.

Reactions: Excavator99
Track recognizes and follows a subject based on image recognition method. ( You need to pickup a subject on the video stream)

Focus follows a subject based on its GPS coordinates. (Need to setup a poi on map or pick yourself if your mobile device running Litchi has GPS )

I agree documentation could have been made simpler to understand.

Just another perspective.

Focus mode - is used for static objects and keeps the camera pointed at the object regardless of where you fly the bird. Only yaw and gimbal pitch are automatically controlled. As an extra you can set the focus point on the remote/you and it will keep focus on you but only the camera will follow you.

Track mode - used for moving objects. The bird will follow the set object and automatically control all directions of the bird

would love to see a tester video of these two modes. The magic leash thing seems pretty cool, I wonder if that works better than the track mode. Has anyone had any issues with this update?

Realizing this is an "old" thread: Something that I feel would be helpful in the documentation for the various Litchi flight modes would be to say whether the camera subject has to be static or can be moving. It's obvious in some modes but not all.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Reactions: Schnoidz
Just another perspective.

Focus mode - is used for static objects and keeps the camera pointed at the object regardless of where you fly the bird. Only yaw and gimbal pitch are automatically controlled. As an extra you can set the focus point on the remote/you and it will keep focus on you but only the camera will follow you.

Track mode - used for moving objects. The bird will follow the set object and automatically control all directions of the bird

So is track mode in IOS the same as follow mode in android? I just downloaded app on iphone and it doesnt have follow mode as a choice but it does have track,I've seen some videos with android that has track option and follow option.I'm not connected to phantom,not sure if that makes a difference

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20