Litchi fail safe behaviour with phantom 3 advanced

This is nerve racking now.... I was going to use litchi tomorrow but not to sure. Reason is with DJI go I sent my phantom as high it can go... Then when it loses signal it will RTH. but it sounds like if I did that with litchi then the moment I lose signal it will hover and not RTH. that scares the crap out of me. Esp if the battery dies then it may land elsewhere like in a road

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use litchi.. I have no problems with any of the failsafes except orbital... if I lose signal in orbital the bird just hovers. Everything else seems fine. I've even done range tests with litchi so I could record the screen. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let me get this straight, you use Litchi when testing the ra
This is nerve racking now.... I was going to use litchi tomorrow but not to sure. Reason is with DJI go I sent my phantom as high it can go... Then when it loses signal it will RTH. but it sounds like if I did that with litchi then the moment I lose signal it will hover and not RTH. that scares the crap out of me. Esp if the battery dies then it may land elsewhere like in a road

Use the app but test each function close to you with lots of battery. So YOU know from experience how it will act.
In the example you gave you would be flying in FPV (manual) mode so RTH will work just fine as long as you have it set properly in the app.

Thanks for your help guys. I have not tested it yet but one thing I have to remember is always go I to settings and save it on RTH mode when signal is lost. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be saving and I have to change that every time I load the map up. But inna few hours I will test it out

I use litchi.. I have no problems with any of the failsafes except orbital... if I lose signal in orbital the bird just hovers. Everything else seems fine. I've even done range tests with litchi so I could record the screen. Never had a problem.

I really don't have a problem with the way that they handle Orbital.

Reason being that the idea is it' revolving around a center point object. If RTH kicks in on the far side of that object and it makes a straight bee-line home there's a potential it's going to try to fly through whatever you're orbiting. So they reduce their liability by having it hold in place. Makes sense. Not obviously for the more experience pilot but as some of the posts around here show, many don't even bother to read a manual.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I really don't have a problem with the way that they handle Orbital.

Reason being that the idea is it' revolving around a center point object. If RTH kicks in on the far side of that object and it makes a straight bee-line home there's a potential it's going to try to fly through whatever you're orbiting. So they reduce their liability by having it hold in place. Makes sense. Not obviously for the more experience pilot but as some of the posts around here show, many don't even bother to read a manual.
Ahhh I didn't think of that... I will usually orbit just above the object to start with till I get the hang of it :)

Reactions: L3thalB3ard

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj