Litchi Download Question

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can download both versions of Litchi? By that I mean. if someone has the Go App on both an iPad Air and an Android Phone could they then download the apple app for one and the android app for the other. Is this allowed or do you have to buy it twice??
Thanks

Pretty sure you'd have to purchase both, they are different versions on different platforms, after all.

Right -- you'll need to buy it for both platforms.

Rarely if ever will you find any application available for both iOS and Android that doesn't require you to purchase it separately from each platform... quite a bit of development effort is required to create and maintain a version for each OS... no reason one of them should be free it seems.

As you may know, the current iOS version of Litchi does not include all the same capabilities (yet) as the Android version... so if you have BOTH platforms and want to maximize your current Litchi experience/options, you're best to use the Android platform and purchase for that... it could be quite a few months before there is parity between them, especially now that DJI has released a new SDK and compatibility research and development will divert some Litchi resources to this effort.

That kind of sucks, but I am not surprised. I plan to use my Android phone for FPV but my daughters iPad mini for screen viewing. I just feel it should be free or greatly reduced since they still have to pay iTunes a cut off the top. You sell a product to a person, not a platform. In other words, once you have worked hard to develop a iOS and Android version, it does not cost you more to simply support a customer who is a good paying Litchi user, regardless of what kind of screen he happens to use. That would be like a cable company charging me another installation fee because I went from a Samsung to an LG television. I am STILL a paying XYZ cable company subscriber. I guess I can just use DJI GO/iPad mini for screen viewing and Litchi for FPV until I find a cheap Android tablet. I want HDMI out and that only comes on Android tablets anyway.

I don't know of any paid apps found in both iOS and Android stores that give you a discount if you already own a copy for the opposing OS...

Don't think that once someone has created an Android app it's a simple matter with no effort to port it into iOS... what's to incent the Litchi team to expend the resources to produce and continually enhance an iOS version if nobody wants to pay for it because they already have an Android version?

The cable company doesn't have to do anything special to make their product work on different brands of televisions so this isn't a good analogy. With software you are talking about writing software for totally different platforms. A better comparison would be asking the cable company to setup your television at one house & then establishing service at another. You are going to have to pay for both.

That kind of sucks, but I am not surprised. I plan to use my Android phone for FPV but my daughters iPad mini for screen viewing. I just feel it should be free or greatly reduced since they still have to pay iTunes a cut off the top. You sell a product to a person, not a platform. In other words, once you have worked hard to develop a iOS and Android version, it does not cost you more to simply support a customer who is a good paying Litchi user, regardless of what kind of screen he happens to use. That would be like a cable company charging me another installation fee because I went from a Samsung to an LG television. I am STILL a paying XYZ cable company subscriber. I guess I can just use DJI GO/iPad mini for screen viewing and Litchi for FPV until I find a cheap Android tablet. I want HDMI out and that only comes on Android tablets anyway.

Reactions: tcope and ScatSpeak
The company developed the Android app first, and then the Apple app. You're looking at purchasing two different products on two different download sites. :cool:

T

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik