litchi dji go app waypoints safe?

Reaction score
If you fly waypoints with litchi or dji go and get out of TX range and VTX range it will continue the route, but if there are many signals underneath you, houses etc how will that affect your p3p?
I guess that it is solid, and it`s just the range for the transmitter that is weak and the p3p will fly the route perfectly with no problems and interuptions even if there are some houses underneath with signals from wifi and other things

What is your opinion?

It should just keep going... and ideally, if you started your route near your transmitter, all things will work out for you naturally when it gets back in range.

Okay, so we think the same thing. Cool.
Made a flight yesterday at night it got out of range for both video oand TX, and it came back. I`ve read that it will continue the flight, but I were wondering if there could be any problems due to wifi signals and other signals around houses.

I suppose it still needs solid GPS during the flight, I don't think that's affected like the Controller link might be.
It's probably a good question what happens if the GPS somehow failed during the flight.
I'd guess it will hover then descend since it won't know which way home either.

As information and something that I always do, is when I set up a mission, I always make my last waypoint close (in visual line of site) to me and the RC, that way when the mission completes it is close by, in other words don't leave your last waypoint 2 miles away from you, just in case....

I suppose it still needs solid GPS during the flight, I don't think that's affected like the Controller link might be.
It's probably a good question what happens if the GPS somehow failed during the flight.
I'd guess it will hover then descend since it won't know which way home either.

Correct, if the bird itself can see "UP" the entire time.. then its' route will continue... I've tested this by putting it out of direct contact and shutting down the remote control.

As information and something that I always do, is when I set up a mission, I always make my last waypoint close (in visual line of site) to me and the RC, that way when the mission completes it is close by, in other words don't leave your last waypoint 2 miles away from you, just in case....

I just tell my buddy that I have a "mission" ending somewhere around his house and if he could look up into the sky, at around 10:48PM it would really help me out if he could just go out and catch it when it comes down... :) (sorry UAV police) It's been working out pretty well. :)

Correct, if the bird itself can see "UP" the entire time.. then its' route will continue... I've tested this by putting it out of direct contact and shutting down the remote control.

Hi Bryce, about shutting down the remote control. Have you tried, after turning it off, turning it on again when out of range? I'm curious to know if the TX will pick up the signal again when the drone will be in range again.

In particular this could be a good test with a windsurfer antenna amplifier. I'd like to fly a mission from the ground, go up 500m around a little mountain nearby and come back. I believe I'll lose the signal as soon as the drone will be on the other side of the hill. I planned to fly around it for around 1 minute, so for at least 1 minute I think I won't have a signal to see what's going on.

Probably the video feed will be gone even earlier. Thx for sharing some infos. I'll test some easier missions before trying something like this and I also wanna test the return home feature, I mean pressing the RTH button from the TX from far away to see what happens. I expect the mission to stop and the drone to return home. Somebody can confirm? Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl