Litchi: distortion between the GPS coordinates of a pre set task and the reality on the ground?

This is the video I used to explain to the girls how GPS works when I started geocaching with them:

Just as an aside, I noticed that you have actions at each of the waypoints (eg take photo, stop for 1 second etc). None of those actions will work when you have curved turns at those waypoints because the drone will never actually arrive at that waypoint. This may not be relevant to your current issue but it's worth noting, in any case. It actually has a note re this just above the actions section in each waypoint setting.
Well there you go, browsing this thread has made me realise what the problem is why my pictures are not being taken mid mission! Because I use curved lines. Result. Thanks

Reactions: sar104
So, in summary, it's a perfect vertical line, and perfectly perpendicular to the earth's surface. Is that right?

Perfectly perpendicular to the projection surface, which is an idealized representation of the horizontal MSL surface. So it should be very close to perpendicular to any local, level surface.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Watch the video I posted. It will make it all pretty clear even though its aimed at a younger audience. Later in the video he discusses 3d positioning. I know its basic but it will get your brain wrapped around the concept.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20