Litchi - controlling speed at different waypoints

Reaction score
It their only a "Global" speed sitting in the Litchi App. I would like to program different speeds at certain waypoints but can't figure out how to do it

One mission, one speed. That's how Litchi works.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only way I can think to get around this is to have more than one mission for each task. This however could be more trouble than it's worth, and you would need to be in range to initiate each segment as a new load.

Example, go to a, b, them b at 5 mph, hover at end, upload second part of mission, c, d and e at 10 mph then return to home.

Auto pilot may do better for multi speeds in one mission, but I have no experience with it.

Good luck.

Reactions: FASTFJR
The only way I can think to get around this is to have more than one mission for each task. This however could be more trouble than it's worth, and you would need to be in range to initiate each segment as a new load.

Example, go to a, b, them b at 5 mph, hover at end, upload second part of mission, c, d and e at 10 mph then return to home.

Auto pilot may do better for multi speeds in one mission, but I have no experience with it.

Good luck.

Thanks, I tried it last night......didn't work too well LOL

Lastly, as a Litchi user, I too would like to see this be possible, so I passed the word to [email protected]. They are good about listening. Even if the response is no, it can't hurt to ask.

Cheers

It their only a "Global" speed sitting in the Litchi App. I would like to program different speeds at certain waypoints but can't figure out how to do it

The auto speed is set on each mission, but you can set the Max Speed and add right stick between waypoints. For example, if you had a flight set to video around a pond that was an 1/8 of a mile out, you could set the flight for 5 MPH (or whatever) and just throttle ahead at 20 MPH or whatever your max speed is set at to get to where you wanted to start videoing.

SB

Reactions: Traveler
Good to know.
Would be better if we string multiple segments into a single load string.
That's kind of what I said to them. Please let me know if you make positive progress on a better work around. I have some missions that I need to fly larger distances between two point and and faster speed at those types of points would be good.
Good luck

Good point Sagebrush.
Thanks

That was their exact response to me,
"In there plans"

Last edited:
Was wondering why my speed changes aren't working. I thought that was a feature that would work whether you lose rc control or not or whether curved lines or not am I mistaken?

My missions show the default is "cruise speed" but it can be changed between waypoints as I wish. Haven't tested it.

You should be able to set the speed at each point now, they added that feature about 2 months ago. It works well
But you must remain in reach of controller right? ON my mission I lose contact before the speed changes and they are not happening, it remains the same speed.

This may seem weird, but try it without curves.. i know some advanced settings only happen without curves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may seem weird, but try it without curves.. i know some advanced settings only happen without curves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Right, with curves set, the bird never actually reaches a waypoint, just goes by near them. So all waypoint actions such as speed changes, turning the camera on or off, etc. never happen.

But you must remain in reach of controller right? ON my mission I lose contact before the speed changes and they are not happening, it remains the same speed.

As far as I understand it no.........with that said I'm not 100%. The mission is uploaded to the Phantom, I have lost signal only a few times on longer flights and never had an issue with the speed not adjusting at certain waypoints.

Only used Litchi a couple of times and only used it locally and within easy range but I learnt something very quickly. When planning the mission I varied the speed in sections experimenting with POI and interpolate settings and accordingly used curves at waypoints to attempt the best video runs. During pre-flight I got a verbal warning to the effect that there were customised speeds involved and if I lost communication, the drone would continue at the speed it was currently doing. My 5 minute flight stretched out and out and I wondered if I'd planned a more ambitious mission, say out to sea the bird would never have completed it's mission so I'm not game to play with speed settings again. The curves theory makes sense to me although I always thought that whatever was programmed into the drone is final and that nothing can change in respect to control outside the program and loss of communication should be meaningless.
Great program but extreme care and gradual learning curve are essential whilst learning the ropes. The rewards though should be huge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4