Litchi connectivity issues

Reaction score
First post but been lurking for about a month since I got my P3S. DJI Go app works good, Litchi is questionable. Just downloaded and connected the app, and it appears that 100% of the time I must launch DJI go and connect to the camera then switch to Litchi to see the camera at all. Nothing else will allow one to see the Camera.

Some notes: I am running Android Nougat beta for my Galaxy S7.

Is running DJI Go and Litchi as unstable as I've read, or is there another way to get the Camera to connect in Litchi without starting DJI Go?

I've done zero missions with Litchi due to the questionable reliability.

Thanks for any help!

You should never have DJI-Go and Litchi app running at the same time. The very first thing I learned about Litchi when I got it was.
- Android Settings
- Application Manager
- Find Dji-Go App
- Force Stop of Dji Go app.

From that point it is safe to open/run the Litchi app. My own experience is, Litchi is far more reliable than Dji-Go app. I only use the latter to update some drone parameters that can only be updated via Dji-Go

You should never have DJI-Go and Litchi app running at the same time. The very first thing I learned about Litchi when I got it was.
- Android Settings
- Application Manager
- Find Dji-Go App
- Force Stop of Dji Go app.

From that point it is safe to open/run the Litchi app. My own experience is, Litchi is far more reliable than Dji-Go app. I only use the latter to update some drone parameters that can only be updated via Dji-Go
That's kinda why I'm asking. Force stop, close all, uninstall dji... Nothing works to connect the cam except having dji go running first. This concerns me as I've researched this as being a huge stability issue.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Seems thats not consistant either. I'm not sure what is causing it, so I guess I'll contact Litchi.

With Android 7 (Nougat), when you connect to a WiFi source that does not have Internet connectivity (like a P3S), Android will switch back to the cell network for data. The phone will still look like it's connected to the P3S Wifi, but it's not actually using it. As a work around, enable Airplane mode first, then connect to the P3S WiFi. Just remember to turn off Airplane mode when you are done with the app.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
With Android 7 (Nougat), when you connect to a WiFi source that does not have Internet connectivity (like a P3S), Android will switch back to the cell network for data. The phone will still look like it's connected to the P3S Wifi, but it's not actually using it. As a work around, enable Airplane mode first, then connect to the P3S WiFi. Just remember to turn off Airplane mode when you are done with the app.
Wow.. Good catch. Wish this forum had "stickies posts" as this info should standout right up front. If after the update to nougat, I would be pulling my hair out wondering why Litchi (& I imagine DJI-GO as well?) isnt working. The last thing I would have considered was Airplane mode ;)

Wow.. Good catch. Wish this forum had "stickies posts" as this info should standout right up front. If after the update to nougat, I would be pulling my hair out wondering why Litchi (& I imagine DJI-GO as well?) isnt working. The last thing I would have considered was Airplane mode ;)
Some vendors (namely Samsung) added a setting called "Smart Network Switch" that controls whether or not the phone would switch back if the WiFi did not have Internet connectivity. It's not part of the standard Android definition, so the Nexus phones do not have that as an option.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
I have exactly the same issue as the OP I had not uninstalled GO since I had a feeling it wouldn't solve the problem (I can only get the camera with GO to start with )then switch to litchi)
I will try what you have suggested .You are saying that in Settings when it is showing the P3s is connected it's not .But that's on a phone not a tablet with no sim thus no 3/4G to reconnect to ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31