Litchi camera lag

Reaction score
I'm getting a tremendous (10 to 15 seconds) amount of camera lag on the Lichi app, lag on DJI GO is normal. I'm viewing on a Lenovo Tab 2 which runs well otherwise.

I'm guessing it's something in the settings I'm not aware of...anyone familiar with this?

Tried again....really strange cause it doesn't happen with DJI GO so it can't be the tablet??

Judging by the number of posts about Litchi camera lag, I'd say its normal. Not that it's good, but it's normal.

I have never had lag on Go or Litchi. I'm using iOS mini 4.

My Litchi is the ios beta however.

I have never had lag on Go or Litchi. I'm using iOS mini 4.

My Litchi is the ios beta however.

As I mentioned above, it's running on a Lenovo Tab 2 (Android) however I have DJI GO on the same tablet and the FPV on that app runs just fine. That would seem to rule out the processor.

Judging by the number of posts about Litchi camera lag, I'd say its normal. Not that it's good, but it's normal.

Actually I've done a lot of searching on the forum and didn't see a lot on Litchi lag. Only thing I found that seemed to address it recommended turning off hardware sharing...can't seem to find this option on the app or the tablet.

As I mentioned above, it's running on a Lenovo Tab 2 (Android) however I have DJI GO on the same tablet and the FPV on that app runs just fine. That would seem to rule out the processor.

Which phantom, wifi or lightbridge RC? I have a p3p and have video downlink BRPS set as low as possible.

It's there with a radio button/slide, titled hardware decoding, I believe.

Which phantom, wifi or lightbridge RC? I have a p3p and have video downlink BRPS set as low as possible.

P3P with light bridge...and to your other post re: button/slide for hardware decoding, where's the switch? In the app? I can't seem to find it in settings for the app or the tablet

So...I have some good news. I've solved the lag problem with the help of VC Tech, developers of Litchi ([email protected])

I couldn't find this resolution on the forum so hopefully this becomes part of the knowledge base for users of the Lenovo Tab 2 A8.

Apparently the new version, 3.0 includes a new video codec that the Lenovo couldn't handle. They have a workaround, but I agreed not to share it, so if you run into this issue, you'll have contact VC Tech directly.

One other note...Litchi's response to this was marvelous...quick and to the point. Kudos!

I just tried Litchi with my P3S for the first time today. Although the autonomous flight function worked well, I also had extreme lag with my Galaxy S5. After my first flight, I measured the lag to be about 35 seconds, even when using the 4 Mbps video setting. I was in my house with the bird turned off and could still see the FPV showing from when I was carrying it outside. I'll get in touch with them to see if there's something that can be figured out, because it's totally unusable in this form.

P3P with light bridge...and to your other post re: button/slide for hardware decoding, where's the switch? In the app? I can't seem to find it in settings for the app or the tablet

Sorry I've missed your post. Open General settings in DJI Go app, then toggle enable hardware decoding.

Sorry I've missed your post. Open General settings in DJI Go app, then toggle enable hardware decoding.

Thanks but this problem was with Litchi, not DJI GO

I just tried Litchi with my P3S for the first time today. Although the autonomous flight function worked well, I also had extreme lag with my Galaxy S5. After my first flight, I measured the lag to be about 35 seconds, even when using the 4 Mbps video setting. I was in my house with the bird turned off and could still see the FPV showing from when I was carrying it outside. I'll get in touch with them to see if there's something that can be figured out, because it's totally unusable in this form.

That's odd...I thought the Galaxy S5 was one of the preferred tablets. Frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often considering Litchi's upgrade to the heavier codec and the fact that not everyone's got $400 bucks to drop on a new iPad mini.

As I mentioned earlier, email Litchi tech support and they'll fix you up with a workaround.

Already emailed, just waiting for a reply. Thanks for the tip in the first place :)

They were pretty quick with me...let me know how you make out.

Starting with Litchi 3.x.x, there is no more HW/SW switch for the decoder. This is due to the latest DJI SDK usage of a different decoder or something like that. As I understand it, even the DJI GO app does not use this decoder (yet), hence, no lag on it...I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding of it. It affects others flight apps as well....anything that uses the newest DJI SDK....

There is a thread over in the Google Litchi users group...

Last edited:
Starting with Litchi 3.x.x, there is no more HW/SW switch for the decoder. This is due to the latest DJI SDK usage of a different decoder or something like that. As I understand it, even the DJI GO app does not use this decoder (yet), hence, no lag on it...I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding of it. It affects others flight apps as well....anything that uses the newest DJI SDK....

There is a thread over in the Google Litchi users group...

...much more technical than was explained to me, but you're exactly on point. Not that I'm complaining, but it seems odd that DJI wouldn't use a codec they created. Frankly if it's gonna cause this kind of problem with certain tablets, they can keep it

BTW...do you have a link to that thread on the Google group?

Yowsa! My guess is that the DJI GO app is not using SDK 3.x yet. They will likely let the app coders debug it for them!

Link <<

Please let me know if the link above doesn't get you there....:confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl