Litchi Beta Testing

Are you sure about this? I tried it and it seems ok for me. Also seems weird that the UI would not reflect the real aircrafts movements as it depends on it, and not on the settings you choose.

I will try again tomorrow, but I tested twice yesterday and both time, the AC was aimed towards the center but shown flying along the circle on the UI...

actually, maybe I was playing with the altitude on the left stick and accidentally added to much yaw and made it point forward.. will test again

Last edited:
1. Will downloading the purchased Litchi 2.0 app work on both my P2V+ and P3A phantom Or are there 2 different versions?
2. Will the Litchi 2.0 app work with a Hybrid Phantom 2 Vision Plus with H33D Gopro 3BE+ (uses the DJI app)?
3. Does the firmware required for the P3Adv/Pro void the warranty?
4. I have Gear VR. Will the yaw work with the P3A and P2? Or is it just tilt??
1. There is only one Litchi app, the beta version also supports P2V/P2V+ and includes more features for these models too.
2. It should, minus camera features and gimbal tilt. I haven't had a chance to test it lately because I had to revert to the stock camera/gimbal to test camera settings/gimbal tilt, but it should in theory still work.
3. I don't think so. If you are worried about this firmware I suggest waiting for the release (unfortunately no dates for that), that said I haven't heard any issues with it from our testers.
4. Head tracking only controls the gimbal tilt for the P2V+/P2V/P3. Aircraft yaw could *possibly* be added in the future depending on feasability.

I have been trying to get VR mode to work with my Samsung Tab 4, but when I set 'Video Decoding' to 'Hardware', the Tab will not display video. It does say 'Connected' and the OSD is displayed.
Actually, 'Hardware' decoding will not work in either normal or VR mode. Am I just missing a Tab 4 setting somewhere?

P3A / P3P? Which android version? Hardware decoding works with a lot of devices but not all, which is why Software is default. Debugging/finding the issue would require us having the device which often isn't possible.

P3A with a Samsung Tab 4 running Android 4.4.2.

I have in the past, while trying to get DJi Pilot to run smoothly, turned off or disabled many services. I may just have to do a factory reset on the Tab this evening. Thanks.

Updated the changelog in the play store

Can 'Cable Cam' be configured so that while flying I can manually control yaw, altitude and speed between the waypoints.?

I want be able to fly along a hilltop trail, filming a rider. That will require elevation, yaw and speed adjustments along the way.

Can 'Cable Cam' be configured so that while flying I can manually control yaw, altitude and speed between the waypoints.?

I want be able to fly along a hilltop trail, filming a rider. That will require elevation, yaw and speed adjustments along the way.

you can do manual control of all yaw, pitch, altitude, and speed... or you can let the program control any or all of the 4 variables

I have been trying to get VR mode to work with my Samsung Tab 4, but when I set 'Video Decoding' to 'Hardware', the Tab will not display video. It does say 'Connected' and the OSD is displayed.
Actually, 'Hardware' decoding will not work in either normal or VR mode. Am I just missing a Tab 4 setting somewhere?

curious how you would fit tab 4 into any sort of VR goggles?

curious how you would fit tab 4 into any sort of VR goggles?
I am going to use my Samsung S4 phone for any sort of VR. Right now I am looking for a used S4 to dedicate to Litchi VR.

Updated the changelog in the play store
I have purchased the app and tested it its alright just a bit flaky on follow me. I have applied for the 2.1 new beta version but I keep getting a message that my Google acount is sill not activated for it. Can we please have acess to this ?

I tested out on the pano feature of Litchi V2.5.1 and had no trouble with the default setting whilst using the horizontal, spherical 2 and 3 rows function and managed to obtain fairly good pano view after stitching the images.
However the above setting will not be able to cover the entire sky thus leaving a big black hole at the top. Trying out on custom spherical mode with the hope to resolve landed me into more trouble as stitching the images was horribly wrong as the result gets all mess up and all sorts of misalign images formed.

Tried various modes eg
Row 1 : 2 degree
Row 2 : -30
Row 3 : -60

Row 1 : 5 degree
Row 2: -45
Row 3 : -90

Can anyone share the correct setting to use in order to obtain a good 360 pano

Charlie

I tested out on the pano feature of Litchi V2.5.1 and had no trouble with the default setting whilst using the horizontal, spherical 2 and 3 rows function and managed to obtain fairly good pano view after stitching the images.
However the above setting will not be able to cover the entire sky thus leaving a big black hole at the top. Trying out on custom spherical mode with the hope to resolve landed me into more trouble as stitching the images was horribly wrong as the result gets all mess up and all sorts of misalign images formed.

Tried various modes eg
Row 1 : 2 degree
Row 2 : -30
Row 3 : -60

Row 1 : 5 degree
Row 2: -45
Row 3 : -90

Can anyone share the correct setting to use in order to obtain a good 360 pano

Charlie

You cannot get a full 360@360 as the camera is limited to +30 degrees. Even if this was successful, you 'll just see the belly of the phantom. The best you can do for a spherical is 360 horizontal X 240 Vertical..

Row 1: +30 (you will see props and arms).
Row 2: -15
Row 3: -60
I have 8 photos per a row = 24.

Certainly I realised that +30 equals to seeing prop and arms as well as had tested it once before. Alright I now begin to understand the camera limitation with the P3P and would seem impossible to obtain a full 360x360 pano at all. Thanks for the tips

Certainly I realised that +30 equals to seeing prop and arms as well as had tested it once before. Alright I now begin to understand the camera limitation with the P3P and would seem impossible to obtain a full 360x360 pano at all. Thanks for the tips

All 360x360 cameras will have this limitation. You will see most 360 with a 235 vertical unless it wants to capture the mount it is on.
And why would you want to look up when you are in the sky?? All the action is on the ground... Its vice versa when you do a ground 360. There is no need to stare at your feet.
Try and save the image below and keep the original size 4096 x 2048 (Made for Oculus Gear VR 360 and google camera photosphere).
This was 26 images stitched by autopana Giga 3.0 with crop function to add the masked black sky.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Phantom 3 Mods/Blacktown Chang Lai Park.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I see what you have achieved and that should be good enough as there is nothing of interest in the sky in any case.

The shot you did appears to be acceptable to a certain extent.

Hi Guys, would love some help here. When I try to do a shoot in "custom" pano it just shoots straight and never tilts the gimbal. What is going on? Also, in 2 row or 3 row it sometimes does not take the photo and I end up with one or two less photos than needed. I'm using a P4 with Android App. Thanks guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj