Litchi Beta Testing

Downloaded Litchi app and firmware, updated the P3P fine, but do I need to update my controller to somehow (inserted the SD-card as I would on a "normal" firmware update, but the controller didn't update)?
Also should I also update my batteries or in the firmware only for the phantom ?
It really depends which version of the firmware you had before, but if the RC does not update that just means you already have the latest RC firmware and you are fine. Batteries will also update at the same time as the phantom firmware. For your other batteries, leave the firmware on the sdcard and if they need an update they'll automatically update when inserted.

I would like to get out and fly 2.0.0, but winds are gusting to 26MPH, not fun at all.

I setup Litchi 2.0.0 yesterday, tested it this morning and then this afternoon I tested the POI feature..
Here is the result..

There are a couple of issues, but they are my mistakes:
My center point was not quite center
I think I was to too close
Other than that, as you can see from the map, it IS a perfect circle, although the little airplane icon doesn't point the right way, I think this is the fault of dashware.
I did a very tight waypoint test as well and will post it when I have the chance.

Looks good. Yea the "little airplane" is a dashware thing for sure.

I setup Litchi 2.0.0 yesterday, tested it this morning and then this afternoon I tested the POI feature..
Here is the result..

There are a couple of issues, but they are my mistakes:
My center point was not quite center
I think I was to too close
Other than that, as you can see from the map, it IS a perfect circle, although the little airplane icon doesn't point the right way, I think this is the fault of dashware.
I did a very tight waypoint test as well and will post it when I have the chance.

nice job. the aircraft indicator is a bug in v2.0 that I've reported to the developer - even when the craft is pointed to the center, the AC is still pointing along the course of circle on the map in Litchi.

BTW, if you didn't know, you can in real-time, also change the altitude and radius. If you choose to have the gimbal "autopitch", it will smoothly change the pitch to keep the POI in the frame as you go higher and or lower. You can do some cool corkscrew effect while still focusing on the POI.

I dont see anyone making an app for the 25 windows phone users in the world! Its like BlackBerry.. a thing of the past!
Who was talking about a phone. I was talking about a tablet and the windows tablets available today are faster then any android or ios tablets available on the market.

Windows tablets are really nothing but a dumbed down laptop. They have their place in the grand scheme of things, just not here. If they were then someone would be making an app for it. Their is probably something involved that is deterring people for writing for them.

Windows tablets are really nothing but a dumbed down laptop. They have their place in the grand scheme of things, just not here. If they were then someone would be making an app for it. Their is probably something involved that is deterring people for writing for them.
:rolleyes: Not my tablet it's so fast I think it even would even make my phantom capable of achieving warp speed . But obviously you have a grudge against windows ;)

:rolleyes: Not my tablet it's so fast I think it even would even make my phantom capable of achieving warp speed . But obviously you have a grudge against windows ;)
No.. Not at all. But I know what it was designed for, what its capable of, and the market it targets. For those situations it does very well. Stepping outside that realm.. its a flop. Thats exactly why Blackberry stopped trying. It was created to be an email grinding machine. They never intended it to be good with apps! The more tech changed, and apps became more the norm, Blackberry, as it was designed, was no longer useful.

nice job. the aircraft indicator is a bug in v2.0 that I've reported to the developer - even when the craft is pointed to the center, the AC is still pointing along the course of circle on the map in Litchi.

BTW, if you didn't know, you can in real-time, also change the altitude and radius. If you choose to have the gimbal "autopitch", it will smoothly change the pitch to keep the POI in the frame as you go higher and or lower. You can do some cool corkscrew effect while still focusing on the POI.
I did not know that, Thanks!
I tried it in the morning at the local high school soccer field, doing a POI of a soccer net.. took me a few minutes to figure out the gimble was pointed at the wrong thing..
I'll have to try that next weekend, although I'll start with the goal again and work my way up.
I have to say, it was a bit of a butt puckering experience lol.. But amazing to watch my bird coming around the backside of that tower all by itself.

Reactions: kpj313
the aircraft indicator is a bug in v2.0 that I've reported to the developer - even when the craft is pointed to the center, the AC is still pointing along the course of circle on the map in Litchi.
Are you sure about this? I tried it and it seems ok for me. Also seems weird that the UI would not reflect the real aircrafts movements as it depends on it, and not on the settings you choose.

Are you sure about this? I tried it and it seems ok for me. Also seems weird that the UI would not reflect the real aircrafts movements as it depends on it, and not on the settings you choose.
As you can see from the video with the track embedded, (using DashWare) the aircraft icon is pointing off of what it really is flying. I think it's a dashware issue though.

I think it's a dashware issue though.

Dashware has done that on every Firmware of have used long before I started using Litchi.

It just shows indication of travel and does not really know the heading of aircraft.

Nice work!!!

Question(s)...
1. Will downloading the purchased Litchi 2.0 app work on both my P2V+ and P3A phantom Or are there 2 different versions?
2. Will the Litchi 2.0 app work with a Hybrid Phantom 2 Vision Plus with H33D Gopro 3BE+ (uses the DJI app)?
3. Does the firmware required for the P3Adv/Pro void the warranty?
4. I have Gear VR. Will the yaw work with the P3A and P2? Or is it just tilt??

Thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik