Litchi Beta Testing

Reaction score
Hi all!

We released Litchi's 2.0 beta version today, if you are interested you can sign up for beta at http://flylitchi.com/beta

Feature Highlights:
  • Advanced Ground Station editor allowing you to setup classic missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies, Panoramas, with real time controls
  • Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Gear VR, etc
  • Head Tracking in VR mode, including yaw for the Inspire 1
  • Follow me with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play), this means you don't have to carry the RC around with you
  • Follow touch mode, place a marker anywhere on the map, drag it around and the aircraft will follow it
  • Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Ability to save and load Ground Station missions and Orbit flights
  • Course Lock / Home Lock
  • Auto record
  • Choice between Hardware and Software Video decoder
  • Human Readable flight logs (compatible with Dashware's Flytrex profile)
  • Maximum altitude setting allowing more than 500m

FAQ

- Do I need to buy the Phantom 2 version of the app in order to beta test?
Yes. Litchi is originally a Phantom 2 app, and we cannot make the app free for testers as it is already released for Phantom 2 users.

- Do I need to install a specific firmware to beta test Litchi?
Yes. The firmwares are provided by DJI and are required.

- Which aircraft models are supported by Litchi?
P2V, P2V+, P3A, P3P and Inspire1.

- Why is the app not connecting to my Phantom 3/Inspire 1?
When starting the app for the first time, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers. Additionally, if DJI Go is your default app for the usb RC connection, you will need to clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults).

- Hardware vs Software video decoder, which one to choose?
Software is default, but Hardware is recommended. VR mode only works using the hardware decoder, and generally the hardware decoder will have better performance. That being said, the hardware decoder may not work for all devices.

- When will the app be released?
Hopefully, as soon as DJI releases a firmware that is compatible with SDK apps.

- Is there a manual/documentation?
Not currently, but it's in the works!

- Is there an iOS version?
No, maybe in the future.

- Where can I change camera settings?
Currently you have to use DJI Go to change camera settings, they will stick through. In the future we will add them to Litchi.

Last edited:
I applied. I should be finished testing for dji around the same time they release developers their next batch of updates this coming week.

Hi all!

We released Litchi's 2.0 beta version today, if you are interested you can sign up for beta at http://flylitchi.com/beta

Feature Highlights:
  • Advanced Ground Station editor allowing you to setup classic missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies, Panoramas, with real time controls
  • Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Gear VR, etc
  • Head Tracking in VR mode, including yaw for the Inspire 1
  • Follow me with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play), this means you don't have to carry the RC around with you
  • Follow touch mode, place a marker anywhere on the map, drag it around and the aircraft will follow it
  • Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Ability to save and load Ground Station missions and Orbit flights
  • Course Lock / Home Lock
  • Auto record
  • Choice between Hardware and Software Video decoder
  • Human Readable flight logs (compatible with Dashware's Flytrex profile)
  • Maximum altitude setting allowing more than 500m

FAQ

- Do I need to buy the Phantom 2 version of the app in order to beta test?
Yes. Litchi is originally a Phantom 2 app, and we cannot make the app free for testers as it is already released for Phantom 2 users.

- Do I need to install a specific firmware to beta test Litchi?
Yes. The firmwares are provided by DJI and are required.

- Which aircraft models are supported by Litchi?
P3A, P3P and Inspire1.

- Why is the app not connecting to my Phantom 3/Inspire 1?
When starting the app for the first time, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers.

- Hardware vs Software video decoder, which one to choose?
Software is default, but Hardware is recommended. VR mode only works using the hardware decoder, and generally the hardware decoder will have better performance. That being said, the hardware decoder may not work for all devices.

- When will the app be released?
Hopefully, as soon as DJI releases a firmware that is compatible with SDK apps.

- Is there a manual/documentation?
Not currently, but it's in the works!

- Is there an iOS version?
No, maybe in the future.
Is in alpha or beta? Litchi forum says alpha. Just making sure that I am not missing anything.

So can this app work with fw 1.3.2? I'm thinking not. What if I have 1.3.2 and wanted to upload developers fw can I do it? And where can I get it from

It won't take my Gmail. I already have the alpha. Will I get the beta from the Play Store anyway?
If you are an alpha tester already you have nothing to do, you will continue to get updates (current alpha is the same as current beta as of now).

Is in alpha or beta? Litchi forum says alpha. Just making sure that I am not missing anything.
It just switched from alpha to beta.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

U need an iOS version! No one uses windows based platforms anymore. They are junk! Ty. [emoji6]

I wished they would make a windows app off litchi . I think it could run much smoother on my windows tab with an i5 Intel processor. Especially for the original dji go app it , could use all the extra processing power .

Downloaded Litchi app and firmware, updated the P3P fine, but do I need to update my controller to somehow (inserted the SD-card as I would on a "normal" firmware update, but the controller didn't update)?
Also should I also update my batteries or in the firmware only for the phantom ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl