Litchi autonomous flight altitude question

Reaction score
I've flown a few missions now while out of range and I gotta say it's a rush letting it go and just waiting..... Sure confirms you have done your recon and homework when you regain contact or hear it at the end of the mission

Question I have is about altitude... I live in a somewhat hilly area and I'll take off from roughly 400 ft but have to travel over spots that are in excess of 750 ft..

So can I just set the max height in the GO app to max and then set each waypoint a few hundred feet above those high points? Won't I get some warning above 400 ft?

I could just go test it and see what happens but hopefully someone here has this experience.

It's a great app and the possibilities are endless...

Thanks in advance... Happy flying

The only warning you will get is when you change the setting to allow 500m or 1640'. You are more or less acknowledging you know you are exceeding the recommended altitude limit. You won't get any warnings while flying the mission except if you attempt to exceed the 500m limit. Also remember your altitude is based on your launch point.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just set your Max altitude in Go to 500 meters, then in Litchi you can set it up to 1640'. You will not receive any warning.

I've flown a few missions now while out of range and I gotta say it's a rush letting it go and just waiting..... Sure confirms you have done your recon and homework when you regain contact or hear it at the end of the mission

Question I have is about altitude... I live in a somewhat hilly area and I'll take off from roughly 400 ft but have to travel over spots that are in excess of 750 ft..

So can I just set the max height in the GO app to max and then set each waypoint a few hundred feet above those high points? Won't I get some warning above 400 ft?

I could just go test it and see what happens but hopefully someone here has this experience.

Reactions: NorthcountySD

This website may help you plan missions, etc. with elevations:

Altitude.nu - Find the elevation of any place

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots[/url

Reactions: NorthcountySD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers