Litchi app

Reaction score
Purchased the litchi app today. Just trying to learn the basics of basics for now. Made a quick flight plan mission this afternoon using a POI in the center and a few waypoints around it in the field across from the house. Went outside to give it a whirl but when I select the mission, and it comes on screen, how do I start the mission? When I hit the triangle start icon on the left of the screen a popup states that all criteria isn't met- "make sure aircraft is connected and in F mode". The aircraft is connected because I'm getting camera view and I have selected F mode but the drone won't start the mission. I'm probably doing something stupid! Any suggestions/answers?
It looks like it's going to rain here at any second so I won't be able to try again today. Saying rain all day tomorrow.......back to work Monday :(

What does the app show as status in the top middle bar? Is it connected and ready to fly in FPV mode? I normally send it up in FPV mode and once controlling the aircraft change to Waypoint mode, set/choose mission and press play.

First of all ensure that DJI Go app is running in the memory, you got to take that out. Keep RC switch in F-position. Wait until home point is set. Also its assumed that props are mounted. Keep waypoints spaced by few meters.

If you pass on your mission to us, we can probably look into it.

Here is a screenshot of the simple trial mission. I KNOW IT SAYS DISCONNECTED now because it's just a screenshot of the mission. It was green when I was flying.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1475368423.946678.jpg

Pretty sure he meant make sure DJI GO is "not" running in the background and kill the process if it is. GO will fight with litchi for the USB port on android devices. iOS just swipe GO away if it's running.

Go app was definitely not running.

Fly up close to 1st WP and select F and try and engage mission from there. If it doesn't run note the error returned. The mission looks fine.

Fly up close to 1st WP and select F and try and engage mission from there. If it doesn't run note the error returned. The mission looks fine.

Hopefully it isn't raining tomorrow (70% chance) so I can get back in the air and figure this out.

I normally send it up in FPV mode and once controlling the aircraft change to Waypoint mode, set/choose mission and press play.

I proceed the same way after compass calibration and never had any issues.

Send the bird in air, switch to F-position, select waypoint, upload the mission and start the predefined route.
The AC will fly to the first waypoint ans starts the mission.

You need not fly the bird first. Set the F position and load the mission. It should work unless there was an issue.

Once I had the problem. I didn't mount the props but all others were set right. I started it but got a message mission is not set properly. I mounted the props and it lifted and then moved to waypoint 1 and started the mission ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Agree, but I'd like to adjust aperture first before starting the mission since I always record the mission.

You can set all video settings on ground itself. Anyway it's your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It is raining and still dark here so I have another question (of many) about the litchi app- is there any way to preview the downgraded (not downloaded) photos and videos from the iPad like the Go app? Can't seem to find a way.

I don't think there's away to view any stills or video from within the litchi app, which is a bit of an oversight

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What does the app show as status in the top middle bar? Is it connected and ready to fly in FPV mode? I normally send it up in FPV mode and once controlling the aircraft change to Waypoint mode, set/choose mission and press play.

The weather turned back to being nice. So I went back to give this method a try and yep it worked. It may have worked today using my original method but didn't bother trying as I was too giggly and in awe watching it do the mission :). I then tried the tracking feature and all I can say is "amazing", although I only tried for a short distance due to my tree lined road (see pic in my previous post).
The only flaws I see so far is:
1) the inability to preview the camera work like the Go app.
2) the inability to replay flights on my iPad to see flight stats etc like the Go app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic