Litchi app

S

sandman259

Do you have to have a cellular iPad or tablet to use the waypoints or can you just cache the maps before hand?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No. You can cache the map images beforehand.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Ok great thanks... Do you get notified about firmware updates for the bird and controller on the app or only when using the Dji go app?

Do you get notified about firmware updates for the bird and controller on the app
No. And, you can only install them via the DJI GO app.

Ok so if I decide to download the litchi app and love it and only use it I will need to periodically still open up the Dji go app and check for updates? Sounds good thanks. Do you have/use the litchi app?

You will need to use the DJI GO app to check for updates, install updates, do the various calibrations, and configure settings not available in Litchi. I have Litchi, but I usually use DJI GO.

So would you say only use litchi to do waypoints and Dji go app for all other flying?

No, not really.
You need to use DJIGO for setting certain parameters like camera, RTH, etc...and for updates.
Depending on your requirements and preference I use Litchi, Vertical and Autopilot for different reasons as some do things better or easier than others

Reactions: AL T
Do you only have to buy it once if you want to install it on your iPad and iPhone?

So I downloaded the litchi app and watched some YouTube videos. Now question, do you have to maintain connection with the bird the whole time or will it continue to do the waypoints even if it loses connection cause the waypoints are downloaded to the bird and it has gps?

do you have to maintain connection with the bird the whole time or will it continue to do the waypoints even if it loses connection cause the waypoints are downloaded to the bird and it has gps?

It will continue on its own (as long as the AC has good GPS data -- after that I guess it hovers and lands when the battery runs out? Anyone??)

Litchi online help and user-created PDF manuals are quite good. There is also Litchi Facebook and Google-groups.

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

Security Check Required

Google Groups

oh, and phantompilots.com has lots of educating pilot errors you should be aware of!! i.e. Make sure there are no trees etc between mission start and the waypoints in any 3D direction!

Litchi destroyed my PS3

So I downloaded the litchi app and watched some YouTube videos. Now question, do you have to maintain connection with the bird the whole time or will it continue to do the waypoints even if it loses connection cause the waypoints are downloaded to the bird and it has gps?

It will continue the whole mission.

Right on!! So I can basically send it out 2 miles as long as I have good battery and go inside my house and have a beer...lol..and come out and it will be waiting for me? That seems to good to be true[emoji848]

Look at my video:

Just watched your video...that's pretty cool. Do you have it auto land when it's done or just hover and take over the controls?

Right on!! So I can basically send it out 2 miles as long as I have good battery and go inside my house and have a beer...lol..and come out and it will be waiting for me? That seems to good to be true[emoji848]

It's true. I've resorted to water. I get too brave for my own good with the suds and flying!

Just watched your video...that's pretty cool. Do you have it auto land when it's done or just hover and take over the controls?

Return to 1st point, then manually landing..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues