Litchi app

It's now released, no more beta

There is no beta currently but they are constantly tweaking, just join the beta group and if you want to test the betas when they become available you can.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The beta was released a few weeks ago. The general release version is now available. Beta is all over.

Why do you guys think betas end? I realize the current has been released and that currently there is no active beta, but that does not mean litchi will stop developing hence the betas will continue it has been that way since the start and that is how software development works.

Either way, it works fine for me and I really like it. Just check the way-points you build for the proper altitude.

Fly safe and test it first in a open area. The altitude default is 98 feet If I remember.

Isn't it great we have this forum to help each other out?

Reactions: azpilot61
Have you tried it yet?
Just curious.

At first I didn't but the more I use it and get used to the features it has and the more the bugs get fixed its been the App I use most lately. I have actually been quite active in getting two issues fixed with the release that to me made it more useful to keep using it.

Why do you guys think betas end? I realize the current has been released and that currently there is no active beta, but that does not mean litchi will stop developing hence the betas will continue it has been that way since the start and that is how software development works.

Beta is initial version with bugs before the initial release. Once the bugs are mostly fixed then the release build happens. This has already happened with the software. Just because it may have a bug still in it or a new feature added that does not make it beta any longer. Its been noted already on the Litchi site that its a release build.

So when the the next beta starts which will be soon, then what will you say?

Not here to argue but 9 out of 10 times there are betas before every release candidate, there will be continued beta version, very soon.

All I was trying to do is point that out to original poster, that there will be more if they want to test them, that is all.

The people here that like to comment on my statements seem to think that this particular version brought it out of beta, that happened many months ago and probably 10 versions and 2 SDK versions ago, I am aware as I have tested the betas and run the release candidate version since they introduced litchi for the P3.

Last edited:
So when the the next beta starts which will be soon, then what will you say?

Not here to argue but 9 out of 10 times there are betas before every release candidate, there will be continued beta version, very soon.

All I was trying to do is point that out to original poster, that there will be more if they want to test them, that is all.

The people here that like to comment on my statements seem to think that this particular version brought it out of beta, that happened many months ago and probably 10 versions and 2 SDK versions ago, I am aware as I have tested the betas and run the release candidate version since they introduced litchi for the P3.

Why argue over if it is the last beta? That said maybe you don't understand that it was the standard version we are talking about

The latest beta version was released a few weeks ago and just over the past week the release build was done. It wasn't released many weeks ago.

Yep the Standard just came out of Beta, the Pro and Advanced has been out for a while so not sure what the point is here. The Standard is not in Beta any longer for the last week. Any future releases will be bug fixes. Not sure what point is trying to be made here.

Just because a new fix is made in software that does not warrant it being a beta. If that was the case no software would ever be a release version since every bug fix would be a beta.

Can you still set all the settings like RTH altitude, auto land, auto take-off, calibrations?

Yes, I haven't found the IMU calibration but compass is there along with the other RTH, distance height etc. The auto land and RTH are done with switch 2 in FPV mode and if using waypoints or something like that there is a button. I just toggle sw 2 and let it go. Auto takeoff is there with a button to push.

screenshot of main screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-07-54-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-07-54-51.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 335
Thanks AZ....
I just didn't want to d/l and pay for something that doesn't let set up my bird. I don't want to have to switch from one app to another every time.

I understand, I'm the same way but the features is what has drawn me into this App and so far I'm using this one more and more. The last 3 flights I haven't touched the DJI app, and I did at first because of things that were not working correctly that are now fixed.

I understand, I'm the same way but the features is what has drawn me into this App and so far I'm using this one more and more. The last 3 flights I haven't touched the DJI app, and I did at first because of things that were not working correctly that are now fixed.
I do think you still need to set up the camera when you are using it in manual mode in the DJI Go app first. so set the exposure and shutter speed in DJI Go first. It stores the settings in the bird then uses them in the Litchi app. Is that correct azpilot61?

Yep, I think I have mine set on auto and just let it do its thing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4