Litchi App..Should I Get It?

Still learning and having a great time with my new P3S. If I use the litchi app and set up a mission does the mission have to have the drone in connection with the RC? For example can I set it up to fly 500 M when I know I will lose connection with it and will it still complete the mission and take video that I can view once I get it back and take it off the card? Does that question make sense?

Still learning and having a great time with my new P3S. If I use the litchi app and set up a mission does the mission have to have the drone in connection with the RC? For example can I set it up to fly 500 M when I know I will lose connection with it and will it still complete the mission and take video that I can view once I get it back and take it off the card? Does that question make sense?
No. The phantom will complete the mission regardless of signal or lack of.

My first mission was 2.5kms each way and my range was only 800m. Funny enough i had video signal for almost the whole way with only magic power at 24dbi

On an IOS it installed on my iPad mini2 and my iPhone and since me and the wife are on the family share it installed on her phone and mini4. Paid for just one.

You can download litchi to as many Android devices as you want with only one purchase. If you change platforms (Apple) then you would have to purchase a new down load. As for Litchi itself I've been using it nearly a year with over 200 flawless flights. I don't use DJGO for anything other than a few special calibrations, normally it's not on my devices. I download it when I need it and then REMOVE it.

Reactions: Andy-M
You can download litchi to as many Android devices as you want with only one purchase. If you change platforms (Apple) then you would have to purchase a new down load. As for Litchi itself I've been using it nearly a year with over 200 flawless flights. I don't use DJGO for anything other than a few special calibrations, normally it's not on my devices. I download it when I need it and then REMOVE it.
Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

You can download litchi to as many Android devices as you want with only one purchase. If you change platforms (Apple) then you would have to purchase a new down load.
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming it

Has been windy here today with 30mph gusts but managed to get out for a short time this afternoon with the P3S.
Playing with the Litchi app again practicing video with a Tree as the point of interest.

I must learn to stay out of shot and there is over exposure at the end but this is just practice.

Having some issues after a great start

I downloaded, and flew it right away, flew a mission, but now when I download a mission and go to fly it I get a message that the APP is not yet registered - which it should have down the first time I used it. Reloaded APP a few times but still no good. Apparently it has to register with DJI servers, but it doesn't seem to have any idea how to make that happen itself

Anyone able to clue me in on what to do?

What are your goals? For manual Flight and exploration I so far find it a toss up. But don't have tons of hours.

But for me, my P3S is a platform for videography. So I use Litchi's ability to provide smooth preprogrammed (and repeatable) movements key to getting good video. Here is an interesting example of something I'm experimenting with. I shot video of a preprogrammed autonomous Litchi mission in a couple of occasions. Then I faded back and forth between the two. Interesting effect. My real goal is to run the mission through all the seasons and create a morphing video.

This is an interesting idea... out of curiosity, though,why wouldn't the same be possible using DJI Go's waypoints? Should be able to save and repeat the missions as well

This is an interesting idea... out of curiosity, though,why wouldn't the same be possible using DJI Go's waypoints? Should be able to save and repeat the missions as well
Don't you have to actually fly to the location to save a DJI go waypoint? My property line waypoints are map based. I need to plan the mission on a computer where I can enter lat/lon

Don't you have to actually fly to the location to save a DJI go waypoint? My property line waypoints are map based. I need to plan the mission on a computer where I can enter lat/lon
With DJI Go, yes... with the (relatively) new DJI Ground Station you can set waypoints on a map and plan without flying there. But it's iOS only DJI GS Pro - an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft.

But, yes, if you have Android only and need to set points on a map and can't fly there, I can see why Litchi is the only way...missed that part

With DJI Go, yes... with the (relatively) new DJI Ground Station you can set waypoints on a map and plan without flying there. But it's iOS only

But, yes, if you have Android only and need to set points on a map and can't fly there, I can see why Litchi is the only way...missed that part
Ground station is fairly new AFAIU. I got Litchi before that came out. Anyhow your question was about DJI Go and not groundstation so I was addressing your question.

Ground station is fairly new AFAIU. I got Litchi before that came out. Anyhow your question was about DJI Go and not groundstation so I was addressing your question.
Understood, and thanks for the input. As someone who is considering if Litchi is worth buying, the arrival of DJI GS changes things for scenarios like yours (esp considering I use both Android and iOS, so would have to buy Litchi twice)

I've been out again this morning with the P3S filming a castle and a church ruin, both in my local area.
I was out for only an hour as the missions had already been pre-planned in the Litchi Mission Hub.
I was back home after for coffee and breakfast. :)

What are your goals? For manual Flight and exploration I so far find it a toss up. But don't have tons of hours.

But for me, my P3S is a platform for videography. So I use Litchi's ability to provide smooth preprogrammed (and repeatable) movements key to getting good video. Here is an interesting example of something I'm experimenting with. I shot video of a preprogrammed autonomous Litchi mission in a couple of occasions. Then I faded back and forth between the two. Interesting effect. My real goal is to run the mission through all the seasons and create a morphing video.

Wow that is f**king awesome. The transitions are soooo smooth. Awesome job. Absolutely awesome. My only gripe would be too long between transitions. Love it.

Wow that is f**king awesome. The transitions are soooo smooth. Awesome job. Absolutely awesome. My only gripe would be too long between transitions. Love it.
Thank you!

I made the transitions long because I was going for the look of slowly morphing from one season to another. Not traditional scene to scene cross fade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20