Litchi App Questions

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab. I have both the DJI Go and Litchi app installed.

1. I can't close one app and open the other. It won't connect. I have to end one app, turn off the remote, turn it back on, then open the other app. Is this normal?

2. With the little bit of testing I did the Litchi app had a delayed FPV and the video was choppy. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

3. I am disappointed that the Litchi app does not have the detailed battery info that the DJI app has. Do most people use the DJI app for normal flying and Litchi for waypoints?

Last edited:
1. No
2. S2 is getting long in the tooth. Probably doesnt have the grunt to render video quick enough.
3 that would make sense. I dont run autopilot unless i need the functions dji go doesnt have and will usually start with go to check calibration etc.

2. S2 is getting long in the tooth. Probably doesnt have the grunt to render video quick enough.
You're thinking of the S2 phone. The S2 tablet was recently released and is quite robust.

Have you set you device for Optimum? Check Phantomhelp for how to.

question using litchi, I can't seem to find where to set the distance limits using the litchi app. Can someone please tell me how this is done? thanks, donnie

Litchi App and Go App can't work on the same tablet simultaneously as they consume the same APIs of the RC. Unfortunately dual instances of RC APIs are not created. This in order to Litchi or DJI Go app to work correctly, you need to stop the other one completely. It shouldn't remain in the memory.

Litchi is not a substitute for DJI Go App though it may have many settings in common. I use it primarily for waypoint missions and watch how waypoints are covered.

Litchi App and Go App can't work on the same tablet simultaneously as they consume the same APIs of the RC. Unfortunately dual instances of RC APIs are not created. This in order to Litchi or DJI Go app to work correctly, you need to stop the other one completely. It shouldn't remain in the memory.

Litchi is not a substitute for DJI Go App though it may have many settings in common. I use it primarily for waypoint missions and watch how waypoints are covered.
well I'm afraid I still don't understand how to set the distance limits in litchi. Mine does not allow me to go further then 1620' as I loss signal at that point. I know I should be getting far better range then that. thanks, donnie

well I'm afraid I still don't understand how to set the distance limits in litchi. Mine does not allow me to go further then 1620' as I loss signal at that point. I know I should be getting far better range then that. thanks, donnie
What are distance limits? So far I never faced any limit. May be y routes get over in 14 minutes at 10 mph.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab. I have both the DJI Go and Litchi app installed.

1. I can't close one app and open the other. It won't connect. I have to end one app, turn off the remote, turn it back on, then open the other app. Is this normal?

2. With the little bit of testing I did the Litchi app had a delayed FPV and the video was choppy. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

3. I am disappointed that the Litchi app does not have the detailed battery info that the DJI app has. Do most people use the DJI app for normal flying and Litchi for waypoints?
1. Normal for me too. I believe it has to do with the app capturing the USB port. Although I don't shut the controller off. I simply shut down one app (using android taskman), unplug the USB and re-plug it and select the app I want to run then.

2. No delay for me. I am on a nVidia Shield K now but I never noticed any delay on my Galaxy S5 phone though.

3. What sort of detail do you mean? Have you turned on "Show Battery Voltage" under the general settings tab? I do NOT fly with GO at all. I only fly with Litchi and I have never been disappointed about anything in it other than the inability to do the deep settings such as curves and IMU cal in litchi. For that, I still have to use GO but I don't fly with GO.

Click the sprockets in the upper right corner. On general tab, "Map Safe Area Radius". I have mine set at 5000'. On the aircraft tab, that is where you set your altitude settings.

I have flown my P3A out to 10k feet distance using litchi manual flight. The max safe radius limits how far from home you can set waypoints on the map. It doesn't stop your bird from flying beyond that point under manual flight (ie not running waypoints).

What are distance limits? So far I never faced any limit. May be y routes get over in 14 minutes at 10 mph.
Me either. Other than what I explained above.

1. Normal for me too. I believe it has to do with the app capturing the USB port. Although I don't shut the controller off. I simply shut down one app (using android taskman), unplug the USB and re-plug it and select the app I want to run then.

2. No delay for me. I am on a nVidia Shield K now but I never noticed any delay on my Galaxy S5 phone though.

3. What sort of detail do you mean? Have you turned on "Show Battery Voltage" under the general settings tab? I do NOT fly with GO at all. I only fly with Litchi and I have never been disappointed about anything in it other than the inability to do the deep settings such as curves and IMU cal in litchi. For that, I still have to use GO but I don't fly with GO.

Click the sprockets in the upper right corner. On general tab, "Map Safe Area Radius". I have mine set at 5000'. On the aircraft tab, that is where you set your altitude settings.

I have flown my P3A out to 10k feet distance using litchi manual flight. The max safe radius limits how far from home you can set waypoints on the map. It doesn't stop your bird from flying beyond that point under manual flight (ie not running waypoints).

Me either. Other than what I explained above.
Well men I am simply at a loss here. More detailed info is I am not using any waypoints at all. Have altitude set and this works fine but at the 1640' mark model simply will not go beyond that even holding forward stick pressure for long periods, same as it does when altitude limits are set??! Puzzled me. Regards, donnie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.