Litchi app question

Reaction score
Yep another question..... Ok so I'm new to litchi (and uav's) and must say so far finding it great. Planned a waypoint mission with a poi, video start and stop, different heights, a pause, take a picture etc.... Just to see how it all works. Flight was done in an open area I have flown and know, had the height set to 10 meters higher than needed ( just to make sure as it was my first time ). It was a short mission all within los, flight went great followed it better than I thought it would. My question is.... How do I get the uav to flight straight while on the mission, it flew slowly rotating to my waypoint that had my poi set and started recording, flew a few waypoints focusing on the poi and stop recoding at the set waypoint then went back to slowly rotating back to the final waypoint (all went fine, flew to the points I planned etc..). So I played with a the settings and got it it to fly straight ( looking forward as it was flying ) but wouldn't look at the poi, I'm guessing it something I'm missing in the settings. How do I fly with with camera facing forward but still set it to face poi when it comes to that waypoint? Below are pictures of my settings, custom went fine but slowly rotated and auto flew forward but didn't do my poi.... Sorry for the long rant but the more info the better I guess.... Thanks in advance.
002f67f1591196cb107e14f5db0de356.jpg
a183b75fc2d8accca55e180d8dfeeeb3.jpg
c4e42dba81783a8e2eb217c5577f4001.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your camera can face forward OR face waypoint, not both at the same time ,obviously.If you want your camera to face a waypoint upon arrival,create another POI exactly at the same spot and make the camera face the "new" waypoint.

I want it to face the waypoints as it heads to them and turn to a poi as set then return to face waypoints as it flys home. So far all I can set up is
1. Fly to waypoints slowly rotating 360 degrees all the way until it reaches the preset poi waypoints, it will focus on the poi as planned then fly home via waypoints rotating 360 degrees.
2. Fly facing waypoints arrive at pre set poi point not focus on it but continue to fly the course facing the waypoints.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For some reason I can't grasp what you are attempting to do or what it is that won't work for you. Perhaps a screenshot or photo of a sketch would help illustrate what your after.

Ok, let me try again. I'm new to the litchi app so I planned a short mission at a place I know and have flown before. I tried I bit of what the app has to offer, waypoints, poi, pause, take picture, start/stop recording etc...... So with the help of the picture below this is what happens. I had it set to fly from waypoints 1 to 8 then from 8 to 15 focus on a poi and start recording at 8 and stop at 15 then from 15 to 19 follow the waypoints home facing toward the waypoints.
Started the mission and flew to waypoint 1 then proceed to fly the mission, from waypoint 1 to 8 it was continually rotating 360 degrees, from 8 to 15 did what was planned then from 15 to 19 flew the waypoints but was rotating again. That was with heading ( in settings ) set to custom.
Changed the heading to auto and tried again it flew the mission facing waypoints but didn't focus on the poi or start/stop recording. How do I plan a mission ( like the above one ) so it will face waypoints but focus on poi when they are set?
245acac87f88dde545629a268172a701.jpg

I see you issue now. Let me do some testing.
Back at you soon.

Try this, before you setup your mission, change the default setting to reflect auto in the heading.

8da6d4ee607d06c4bc654010da2395ef.jpg

Nope, that won't work either.
Back to the drawing board

It is more work to get done what I believe you are after, but I think this approach will work for you. From the attached photo you can see I have placed a POI just in front of each waypoint. I have also set the focus altitude to the same as the waypoint. Again this assumes you would be looking for a straight view vs down. I have not flown this example yet, but judging from the directions each waypoint is facing, I think it would produce a forward looking flight. Because this is more time consuming to setup I have also contacted the good people that make Litchi to see if they have a better approach. If you try this, please share back your experience.

Hope it works.
49f06b5a3c62bf35e1e4b5931abb7f20.jpg

I adjust the heading with the slider button until the triangle is facing forward. (I assume that's what you are trying to do?)

SB

Last edited:
You right! I would have sworn I tried that and the slider was non responsive, but I just repeated it again and it worked fine. That said, what altitude do you think the camera will be looking at, same as last POI.
In other words, if the prior and only POI was set to 3 feet, will the angle of the camera remain at the last POI setting? 3 feet in this case.

BTW, it would be a completely new topic, but I now have to travel to do any simple flight testing. Dealing with an HOA who has decided to restrict the use of drones and like RC devices to a provided model airfield. Could be worse I suppose, but it really sucks, and all my neighbors are cool with me flying. The battle has just begun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers